MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Where are we all from?

View Single Post

Old 01-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #24
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are we all from?

So this is where I´m coming from.
First, the town where I was born and grew up: Idar-Oberstein in the west of Germany. It´s a small town but quite famous in Germany because of it´s gem/jewellery industry. They used to find lots of precious stones there, but when the mines were empty, many people migrated to Brasil to search for stones there. Although the stones come from elsewhere now, designing and factoring of jewellery is still alive there. The city has a great museum dedicated to precious stones.

The third picture shows the most famous sight of the city: A church build in a rock! It was built there because in the middle ages a knight threw his wife from the top of that rock because she betrayed him. In regret he swore to build a church in the place where they found the corpse :shiver:

The fourth picture shows the amethyst stone where I got my username from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Idar.jpg (53.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Marktplatz.jpg (46.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg felsenkirche.jpg (15.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg druseklein.jpg (12.7 KB, 2 views)