MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Sunday Final Matches Report

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2002, 10:47 PM   #8
Nina

Nina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond reputeNina has a reputation beyond repute

Mens Doubles Final R. Federer ()/ M. Mirniy vs J. Eagle/ S. Stolle
There isn't much to say about the match. R/M broke in the first game and never gave the Aussies a chance to break back, they won it 6-4. In the second set Max lost his service game but then they fought back and tied, it went to a tie-break that Max and Roger won to love Both Max and Roger played very well both at the net and the baseline

Almost everyone was cheering for Roger and Max (I had my Swiss t-shirt that I used as a flag with me too), there was a little boy who was dancing and jumping (it was really funny), he was screaming "Roger and Max- a friendly team" and "Cmon Roger and Max win, it's time for me to go to bed "

I was sitting really close to the players box and when the players were posing for photographs, their families and friends were leaving. I said "Miroslava!" she turned to me and I showed her my Switzerland t-shirt-flag and asked her if she could sign it for me, she came up. I asked her when she would start playing again. She answered : "Maybe I'll try next year" I wished her good luck, She thanked me what a nice lady, this was the first time I ever asked a player an autograph btw

What a great end to a great tournament for me

Last edited by Nina : 10-07-2002 at 07:32 AM.
Nina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote