MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Djokovic/Murray debates. Do you like their matches?

View Single Post

Old 11-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #117
country flag yuri27

yuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Has The Better Forehand? Murray or Djokovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
Murray's forehand is on a par with Gasquet's as to how ineffective that particular shot is. Novak's forehand is on a different planet overall compared to Murray and when it's on it's one of the best in the game.

Yes Murray's got a good forehand pass, but he only ever goes cross-court so it's extremely predictable all be it effective most of the time. It still baffles me when players come to the net on Murray's forehand and cover down the line! Players still play to Murray's backhand too often for me and if you look at the matches when Murray's lost more often than not it's because the majority of the match has been played to his forehand, the most recent example of this was Monfils in Paris. He got his tactics spot on.

People always say Murray hasn't won a slam yet is because he's too defensive, but it's his lack of weight on the forehand side that constantly lets him down in a game where every mother and her dog has a big forehand.

+1000000000000000000000000
yuri27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote