MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Djokovic/Murray debates. Do you like their matches?

View Single Post

Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #112
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Has The Better Forehand? Murray or Djokovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie-1 View Post
I was going to go into reasons why Djokovic has the better forehand - but I can't be bothered, this thread is far too amusing

The poll speaks for itself.

On a more serious note, there is one shot which Andy Murray tends not to use - a shot that is the staple of any aspiring top player - the inside out forehand to the opponents backhand. One of the reasons for that is despite Andy being a great athlete, he doesn't run around backhand to hit forehand a lot (at all?)

There are not too many players since 1990 who have won slams and not had the inside out forehand as a major part of their arsenal. The only players I can think of are Pat Rafter and Stefan Edberg.
The Murray backhand is exceptional and much higher level than forehand so does not run around the backhand.

Last edited by DrJules : 11-25-2010 at 08:56 PM.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote