MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Couple of Serve questions

View Single Post

Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 AM   #4
country flag fleabitten

fleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of Serve questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketServer View Post
Also for top spin serves do you make contact with your body still at 90 degrees to the court and do you pronate after you make contact with ball, before or during contact?
Hi RocketServer - kinda funny name for someone working on a decent serve. As to the specific question, I agree with the previous answer. You know, once you start analyzing it this way, talking about pronation before or after contact and the exact degrees of the torso, we are in the wrong territory. I think walking down this path is overthinking it. You need to get out and serve buckets of balls (preferably with a coach/ teaching pro) who can adjust as you go. I highly recommend it.
Hope this helps.

fleabitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote