MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Young - Matosevic Rivalry

View Single Post

Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
country flag Rob_C

Rob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young - Matosevic Rivalry

DY's not the 1st person to have not shaken an opponents hand after a match, so in that respect, I think you're jumping to conclusions.

Matosevic definitely has his number right now, and, for DY, I guess it's a taste of his own medicine cause he has similar records against a few people. Bobby Reynolds, Rajeev Ram, Smyczek, Sweeting come to mind.

I have to think that DY will be able to turn it around, Fed did against Hewitt & Nalbandian, even thought they're different players, offensive/defensive.

DY has always been the better player accomplishments & rankings wise, but for some reason he struggles with this guy, and I'm not sure why. All I've seen of Matosevic is some YouTube clips of him losing in the LA Open qualies to a college player, Steve Johnson, but he does have two Challenger titles this yr, plus I think beating Llodra at IW this yr when he qualified.

To me he seems really stiff & robotic, nothing special at all. I do think once he gets over the hump, if he does, he'll continue to do well against MM. Maybe he needs to change strategy, not keep doing what he has been for the past 3 matches, cause it's not working.

The 1st match DY should have won, he had triple match pt in the 3rd set, cant blow that.
Rob_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote