MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Frederico Gil

Thread: Frederico Gil
View Single Post

Old 10-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fredrico Gil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil&becker View Post
Trying to revive a bit this forum about Gil. I'm major fan, think he is doing a lot for tennis in Portugal.
But, doesn't it seem strange that he already said that his last two tournaments of the season will be Montpellier and Valencia? Such strong fields, and IMO he still didn't secure enough points for dirrect acceptance at the Aussie Open. Long way to travel to risk the qualifying... Shouldn't he play one or two challengers instead?
Quoting myself!, just to say that, after this win today against Roger-vasselin, IMO Gil is at the Aussie Open directly.
I've been taking a good look at the ranks, and at least 10 guys above him will lose a lot of points until the end of the season, so he's safe to finish now at the Top-100, I think, even if he looses the rest of his games (Tsonga and Valencia Qualies).
If I'm correct, congrats, Gil, at a season were he played so irregularly (more frequently playing poorly), but with the best result of his (or of any portuguese) career, at home, at the Estoril Open, that epic run to the final! A lot of heart through out the season, just like today again.
Gil&becker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote