MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Week 40: Buenos Aires, Argentina [Winner: Maximo GONZALEZ]

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #24
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 40: Buenos Aires, Argentina [Entry List]

Today I attended the first round of the quallies. My intention was focused to see how of some of the young Argentines and Portuguese Gastao Elias develop against more experienced players. I saw the following matches.:

Guillermo Duran bt Rodrigo Albano 6-1 6-0
Duran was superior in all fields to Albano who gave no opposition on the 2nd set. Albano has not even the level to give some fight on the Future level.

Marco Trungelliti bt Jonathan Gonzalia 7-6 6-2.
Marco gave a big fight on the first set against pusher Gonzalia . Marco has a good serve and heavy forehand and backhand. He still needs to control his nerves and especially work on his sideline movements. He isn`t nothing extraordinary but he has the tennis to play on the Challenger tour.

Alejandro Fabbri bt Kevin Konfederak 6-1 6-2
Inspite of the result Kevin showed a great potential on his strokes against a more experienced player. He has an overall good game, he sets some good strategies and has a nice attitude. I think that with a good training team he has the potential to be a top 200.

Facundo Mena bt Diego Cristin 5-0 and retired.
I couldn`t see enough to say if Mena can be a good project. He has a good serve and aggresive groundstrokes. I should see him again to give an opinion of his posibilities on the tour.

Andres Molteni bt Andres Kurdyla 6-1 6-2
Molteni showed some great tennis. He is playing much better and a more aggresive style than what I saw of him a couple of years ago. I heard that Kurdyla was given a WC by the organization because he knows somebody linked to Mariano Ink. That was something mentioned on the stands so I don`t know if that is true. Kurdyla is just a good club player

Guido Pella bt Juan Vazquez Valenzuela 6-3 6-2
I only saw the first set and Pella was struggling with himself one more time. It`s just a big shame because Guido has the game to be in the top 200 but Pella is the biggest rival of himself.

Gastao Elias vs Catalin Gard
The match was set on a secondary court where I wasn`t able to see it properly and I left the match when Gastao was leading 4-1 in the first set. Gard`s tennis is a cheaper version of Adrian Ungur`s one. The same school of tennis.
I was really impressed by Gastao`s tennis. The guy has a great two handed backhand, a nice forehand and his volleys are ok. His serve probably is his weakest side. Definitely he is much better than what his rankings says. He could easily be ranked in the top 300.

Hope you enjoyed the report.

Cheers

Fran
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!