MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Endless Federer-Nadal debates

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
country flag CCBH

CCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll: Nadals 2010 season vs Federers 2007 season

I will have to give the edge to Rafa. All the history written (RG-W-USO, 3 surfaces, career Slam, clay masters sweep), but also remember this was a progressive season for him. 2007 for Roger saw him pretty much win the same events he had dominated previously while failing on clay again, which was a big disappointment for him esp after finally ending Rafa's claycourt streak. I think he would agree that RG final was his biggest regret because of how routine a win (4 relatively non-dramatic sets) it was for Rafa. Then he was taken to 5 in Wimbledon, another sign of Nadal's ascent.

This year, Rafa has defeated all his worst (match-up wise) opponents on the big stages and also added substantially to his past successes, and not just in the 6+3=9 kind of way.

He already wins at the moment IMO. If he has a good TMC, it would only solidify that opinion.
CCBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote