MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Invitational Event Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Invitational Event Thread

Great.

Are you sure the Martin/Wilander match was in the 1st round because I don't have any evidence Martin played another match before encountering Leconte.
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/08/25/sp...s-gilbert.html

I'm still wondering why this tournament seems to be ignored by everyone. Atptennis.com has listed all the previous editions of the ToC. OK I know, 1990 was the year in which the ATP gained control over most open tournaments but yet in the ATP Tour era, they have listed the Grand Slam Cup which was invitational (0 ranking points), so why not listing ToC '90?

Incidentally, Lendl won another edition of the Toronto Molson Light Challenge in 1984, defeating Noah in the final: 6-0 6-2 6-4. I suppose it's the same format as in 1981 but need confirmation. What happened in 1983?
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote