MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Doping in Tennis Thread (No accusations without proof. Wada could test using hair)

View Single Post

Old 09-12-2010, 04:49 AM   #19
country flag r2473

r2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A short history of drugs in tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
I suspect EPO is more prevalent than anabolic agents in the men's game given that extra strength is of relatively little benefit in such a technical sport compared to endurance (although there is obviously crossover between stength and endurance).

There are very few male players that arouse my suspicion on the grounds of physique.
I can't think of a single one myself.....nor can I think of any reason why any of the male players would want to be (a lot) more muscular.

But I suspect many are using whatever it is athletes use these days to aid in endurance, stamina, and recovery.

Finally, why the hell would the ATP want to catch any of these guys? What incentive do they have? Why would they want the sport to be scandalized? All they want is the appearance (to the casual fan) that the sport is clean. When most fans think of steroids, they only think of "huge guys" so the average fan would not even really consider that drugs are widespread in tennis......well, except for Nadal of course, because he is "so huge"
r2473 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote