MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why do I like tennis?

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #4
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do I like tennis?

For sure tennis is the greatest sport on earth IMO, and I'm talking about singles. Sorry doubles, it is fun, but I can't get too serious about doubles.

But yes, you are out there all by yourself, you control whether you live by the sword or die by it, you can play to win or play to not lose, etc. And the variety of the game is so amazing, you can play with different spins, speeds, techniques, etc. The best part? You play against one person. It is almost like boxing and when you win, the high you get from knowing that you are better than one human on this planet for at least an hour or two is absolutely fantastic, I have never encountered this feeling in other sports ever.

Tennis is like boxing and chess combined.