MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News of the Querrey

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #37
country flag Eden
Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News of the Querrey

The Last Time... With Sam Querrey

DEUCE
by Paul Macpherson

On 3 August, during the Legg Mason Tennis Classic, Sam Querrey, Bob and Mike Bryan met U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington.

Sam Querrey, a four-time winner on the ATP World Tour this year, talks about the last time…

I bought tennis balls or rented a tennis court?

About a year ago in San Diego. I had to get a clay court at Barnes Tennis Centre and I had to pay my eight dollar fee and buy balls there.

Last time I queued for tickets?

I buy tickets for events all the time but I don’t necessarily line up. I scalped tickets at a Dave Matthews Band concert about five years ago. My buddy and I were walking around outside trying to scalp ‘em.

I lost something important?

Right now I can’t find my passport. Maybe I left it at home.

I missed a flight?

That probably hasn’t happened for about three years; it was when I was flying from Colorado to Wichita, Kansas, for an exhibition.

I cooked for myself?

A couple of years ago… I never cook; I usually just pour a bowl of cereal or go out for every meal.

I shared a hotel room with another player?

I have friends staying with me all the time but another player… about four years ago when I was a Davis Cup practice partner. I think it was Tim Smyczek in Palm Springs in 2006.

Being recognised help me?

Last night [in Washington, D.C.] I was trying to get a table at an Italian restaurant and the guy was a big tennis fan. He got me, my mum and her friends in.

I visited a country for the first time?

Serbia in 2009.

I was asked to sign something unusual?

I signed someone’s forehead after the LA Open last week.

I asked someone for their autograph?

Kobe Bryan at the Olympics in 2008. He signed a piece of paper for me.

I met someone famous?

I met the Barack Obama at the White House during a Quick Start clinic for kids. That was a thrill.

I had a bad hotel experience?

At a hotel in Rome it was supposed to be a king bed but it was really two small beds pushed together and I kept falling through the middle of the two beds.

Source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEU...Last-Time.aspx
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote