MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - US Open Series

Thread: US Open Series
View Single Post

Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #126
country flag stranger777

stranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond reputestranger777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open Series

Wow, Baghdatis has stunned everyone to beat the number 1 player in the world!
Nadal was in good shape, and even said himself that he feels as fit as he's ever been for this tournament. So there is no excuse on his side of the camp to say he was not at his best form!!

Simply great playing by Marcos, what a fantastic match. 18 aces, and although 62% 1st serve is nothing to be fond of, it was good because Marcos averaged below 50% for the previous few games I think and he needed to pick up his first serve abit if he was to have any chance to beat Rafa.

He has now beaten the best players in the world, Federer, Nadal, Berdych, Davydenko, Roddick, Murray... If he just kept some consistency he would also be one of the best in the world, but honestly this is a huge breakthrough!

Now he comes up against Roger Federer. Of course he is beatable but I think again Marcos will have to be at his very best. Roger is the previous champion here and there is no way that he will want to lose to Marcos twice in a row and lose the chance to play in the final.
Even if Marcos loses though, he has ALREADY done better than most expected and I would still be happy for his progress, even if he loses. He will again go into the match as underdog but with confidence, and really he has not much to lose.

Well done Marcos, this is great preperation for the US open! He should get a descent draw, hopefully, and fingers crossed that he can go far.
stranger777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote