MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Richard Gasquet Question

View Single Post

Old 01-04-2005, 12:37 AM   #39
prazz_m

prazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard Gasquet Question

Sport24: Therefore, there will be two French players in the final at Roland Garros?
Tatiana Golovin: Yes, we are very happy. All the more as we didn’t expect it when registering in the mixed doubles. We just wanted to stay a little longer in the tournament after our elimination in the singles.
Richard Gasquet: (Me), I had never played mixed doubles. To play against a girl really changes things!

Sport24: And you Tatiana, have you already played mixed doubles?
Tatiana Golovin: Yes, last year with Anthony Dupuis. We had laughed a lot, but had to exit in the first round.

Sport24: You play Cara and Wayne Black who crushed Daniela Hantuchova and Todd Woodbridge. Does that make you scared?
Tatiana Golovin: In any case, we will have the advantage since we’ll have the public behind us. Especially if we play on the centre court.

Sport24: You know that John McEnroe’s first grand slam title was mixed doubles?
Richard Gasquet: Yes, I know. My dad told me that (laughs…)

Sport24: You seem to get along well on the court. You don’t lose an occasion to laugh?!
Richard Gasquet: Yes, we play well together. We are quite complimentary (We complement each other?). I knew I was going to play quite well in the doubles but I didn’t know what I was going to do in the mixed doubles.
Tatiana Golovin: For me it’s quite simple. Richard serves very well, he volleys very well. He does aces and smashes, it’s easy (laughs…)

Sport24: You are young. Can a Grand Slam final bring you a bit of experience?
Tatiana Golovin: C’est sur that at 16 and 17 years, it’s quite difficult to win a Grand Slam tournament in singles. In doubles, we can achieve a good result a lot easier.

Sport24: And will we see you again in Wimbledon together?
Tatiana Golovin: Maybe, we don’t know yet. It’s true that the priority is the singles.

hopelessly devoted to you....arnaud and juan carlos
prazz_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote