MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Kei's Photo & Video thread

View Single Post

Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #87
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei's Photo & Video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Hey guys from Nippon!
Could you please translate this video and let me know why Shuzo Matsuoka yelled at Kei.... He cries... I am heartbreaking with this sight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb2oX...layer_embedded
Sorry, Dana, I somehow didn't see this post of yours until today.
In the scene you're referring to, Matsuoka is talking to the kids (including Kei aged 11) who have just lost a match during "Shuzo Challenge," an annual summer tennis camp for young boys. He's yelling that he can't understand why the kids don't show their frustration more after losing a match and that he's feeling more gutted. The camera then focuses on Kei probably because he was already the most promising of the bunch. So it's not that Matsuoka is yelling only at Kei.
Matsuoka is a passionate guy and is not shy about showing his emotion on court. Many Japanese kids tend to be shy and Matsuoka thinks they should be more extrovert on court.
In the scene before that, however, he tells the kids they shouldn't look dejected after losing a point. He says they should walk like after any other point. And he talks to Kei, "It's difficult for you now, Kei, huh?" And Kei answers, "I can do that." A sweet little thing he was!

In another scene, you see a 12-year old Kei play a practice match with a taller boy, a high school student, and Kei won.

And as you probably guessed, the middle aged couple seen just after the scene of Kei's victory at Delray Beach are his parents.
His dad says, "It's a miracle," and his mum says, "He likes karaage (Japanese-style fried chicken) so I want to cook for him a plateful of karaage."

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote