MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Week 4 - Aces In Madison Square Garden - Hard - Round Robin Format.

View Single Post

Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #31
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 4 - Aces In Madison Square Garden - Hard - Round Robin Format.

Time for the exhibition you've been waiting months for. A record crowd of 80,000 people have crammed inside the University of Idaho's Kibbie Dome (capacity 16,000) . Watch your pockets people and bring something to guard the scent of 80,000 musky people.

Before the match, the fans were treated to special guest James Blake, who provided a free clinic to the children on how to make the umpire think the ball is out even though it touched your racquet . Berdych's best friend, Rafael Nadal, also arrived to read a poem he wrote about Tomas

Quote:
Tomas is such a beautiful sight
He caresses the Madrid crowd all the night
He enjoys my ass-picking and when I drudge along
I sure hope he doesn't think I wear a thong
Now that the pre-match festivities have ended, it's time to play

Set 1
Gonzalez to serve
0-0
0-1
(An incredible tweener gives Berdych the break)
0-2
(Gonzalez plays lefty)
0-3
(Gonzalez attempts Dolgopolov's service motion, and miserably fails. 30 minute injury timeout ensues)
0-4
(A 3 year old points a laser in Gonzalez's eyes...he is temporarily blinded)
0-5
(The crowd has just realized that it's Maximo Gonzalez playing, not Fernando)
0-6
(A tornado rips through Idaho, narrowly missing the dome. A cow somehow crashes through the roof and onto the court)

First set to Berdych 6-0. Astounding tennis from him

Set 2
Gonzalez to serve once again
0-0
0-1
(Normal schmormal)
0-2
(Gonzalez tries to call an injury timeout, chair umpire Serena Williams threatens to shove a ball down his throat. Gonzalez receives treatment and Tomas continues to play while it is happening, so he serves 5 aces. However, Tomas also double faulted 3 times in the process, so the game is actually the closest one of the exho)
0-3
(Gonzalez moves at superhuman speed all of a sudden...but Tomas is unstoppable)
0-4
(Tomas manages to serve 4 aces while posting on MTF. What an accomplishment)
0-5
(Nico Massu comes on court to coach Fernando. He tells him to get into never-ending rallies and take a minute between points. A 50 point, 200 minute game ensues, but Berdych doesn't let up in the key moments)
0-6

Stunning win for Berdych...
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote