MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Brandwagon: starting off 2014 with a BANG; coming for wigs!

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #58
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daniel Brandwagon. Daniel @ New Haven. (add Daniel to facebook.)

This all started with Brands run to R16 at Wimbledon this year. Let's take a closer look at that run:

1st round - def. Andreev 7-6(5), 7-6(4), 7-5 (Andreev was coming back from injury - missed Roland Garros - and spiralling down the rankings).

2nd round - def. Davydenko 1-6, 7-6(5), 7-6(8), 6-1 (Davydenko is one the worst grass courters ever to make the top ten - also coming back from injury having missed all the clay court season - and played a marathon 9-7 in the 5th in the first round)

3rd round - def. Hanescu 6-7(7), 6-7(3), 7-6(7), 6-3, 3-0 RET (note the retirement and the fact that Hanescu is a clay courter - he even played a clay Challenger after Roland Garros this year - and is 12-12 career on grass)

4th round - lost to Berdych 6-4, 6-7(1), 5-7, 3-6. I concede that yes, he did give Berdych a good run.

Brands is 23 and has only ever made one tour level quarter-final or better (Munich semi-final 2009). Even then Starace gave him a retirement in the quarters.

-edit-
I don't understand why some threads get moved in a instance, while threads like this that should clearly be moved to player forums, remain in general messages.

Last edited by n8 : 08-13-2010 at 03:13 PM.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote