07-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for a great year
Join Date: Aug 2006
Re: °_° - Stan's news - °_°
According to Swedish media Peter Lundgren will be Stan's new coach
Translation via google:
Swedish coach Peter Lundgren, the star has a new mission:
Help Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka back to top 10.
- I'm terribly motivated, "says 45-year-old to Sportbladet.
Peter Lundgren - who among other things, has coached world ones Roger Federer, Marat Safin and Marcelo Rios - was contacted by Stanislas Wawrinka for a couple weeks ago and did not require further consideration before he accepted the job training.
- When I asked what he needed help, he replied that he would return to the top 10. It is such a thing you want to hear as a coach. He is justified and when it becomes terribly fun to work, "says Peter Lundgren.
Stanislas Wawrinka was världsnia 2008, but has now fallen to 26th-place ranking. The negative trend was 25-year-old coach to change for the first time in his career. Since the age of eight, he has been trained by Dimitri Zavalioff.
The contract with Peter Lundgren case, to begin with, years out.
- He needs to hear a new voice and new ideas. I'll try to get "Stan" to become more aggressive in his game, "said Lundgren.
Tomorrow he goes to Lausanne to launch cooperation with Wawrinka, who has two ATP titles and an Olympic gold in doubles on the merit list. The team also includes fitness coach Pierre Paganini, Lundgren has worked with over the years with Roger Federer.
- This will be fun. It feels like I'm coming back to the roots, "said Peter Lundgren, who was employed by the Swiss tennis association before he was Roger Federer's personal trainer.
"Do not fight"
Lundgren worked previously with Grigor Dimitrov, who was called "the new Federer" but has not lived up to expectations.
- He fought not at the matches and I was not very motivated at the end. I wanted to see more hunger. "Stan" to return to the top 10 and there are things I should do. I will do everything for him to do that, "said Peter Lundgren.
Swedish source: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7467079.ab