MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - There is no finish line...

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

I hope some of the dust has now settled after the commotion of two consecutive quarterfinal exits. During this period Federer had a chance to make significant strides in a number of the records I listed in the first post, which unfortunately he must now wait to obtain.

I notice that many journalists have started writing his tennis playing obituary already. I am not so sure - during Wimbledon 2003 to Australian Open 2010 Federer was a model of consistency, and his results from February this year are somewhat of an abberation. While it is true that at nearly 29 time is not on his side, I still believe he has a good shot at some of the records above. What is more, at some point (most likely between July and September 2011) I do believe that he will be able to regain his world no. 1 ranking; which would thus mean overtaking Sampras' total weeks at the top of the ATP rankings.
ApproachShot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote