MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

View Single Post

Old 07-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #63
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ben Mitchell's Banana Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
I heard Newcombe saying that the Australians from the boys tournament were going to play some Futures events in the UK, but in his interview Ben said he's spending the next 5 weeks playing on the clay, whether it's training or playing events I'm not sure, but also said he'd probably play US Open boys.
It is likely that this week he will train at the Tennis Australia base in Spain and on the week of the 12th of July he is entered in a Spanish future where he is the first alternate so he should get into that one directly. The week after he is no where near direct entry in the following weeks spanish future. After this result it probably would have been better to play the UK futures on Grass but doesn't matter, he will learn more in Spain.

I'd say it is very likely he will play the US Open boys tournament, he has a ranking high enough now to get direct entry so I can't see any harm in not playing. Hopefully Benny does well in some more futures later this year and can get around that top 600 mark. He should get some wc's next as well, probably qualifying Brisbane and qualifying Aus Open are givens for him now.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote