MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How to deal with high balls

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
country flag straitup

straitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond reputestraitup has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to deal with high balls

So I must admit I'm not that great at tennis but I'm still trying to improve...that being said, I'm pretty good against flat hitters because the ball is right in my strike zone. Also, when someone hits a lob or moonball kind of thing, I can return it fine and smash it sometimes too. However, it always feels weird when I'm trying to be offensive and the ball is like 3 feet over me...like the follow through just feels weird.

I know you usually are supposed to either hit it early or move back and let it bounce, but in terms of hitting it when it is above your strike zone, is it best to do a kind of buggy whip over your same shoulder?

Any advice would be great...thanks guys
straitup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote