MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In The Spotlight: buddyholly

View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #105
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In The Spotlight: buddyholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I guess my real feeling is that religion is neither an emotion nor an event.
That's actually a thought.

I don't think that religion is an emotion or an event either. I think that experiencing (or "feeling") the presence of God is an intangible event (similar to a sensation) but definitely different from religion. My meaning is similar to what you write below (as in something abstract):

Quote:
However, ''feel it'' is synonymous with ''touch it.'' Your use of the word is as something abstract, which certainly is a use that could be applied to religion.
However, for the sake of semantic accuracy, I disagree that "feel it" is synonymous with "touch it" just as "itch" is not synonymous with "scratch." Although often used interchangeably, one is a sensation and the other an action.

Quote:
Neither do I. It might be a bannable topic.
Good. I'm just itching for an infraction.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote