MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In The Spotlight: buddyholly

View Single Post

Old 06-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #100
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In The Spotlight: buddyholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Now, that is crazy talk. I’m quite creative but couldn’t conjure anything of that magnitude. Emotions are happy, sad, embarrassed, frustrated, angry, jealous, etc. Feeling (that is “experiencing”) the presence of God is an entirely different construct. I think it would be better defined as an (intangible) event with which one (as in some) has an emotion associated.

I’ve never considered atheism, but might just to spite her.
I was just winging it on this topic. I guess my real feeling is that religion is neither an emotion nor an event. It is just an accident of birth. I assume about 99% of people who practice religion practice the religion of their parents. For me that is overwhelming statistical proof that practising religion is no more than conforming without bothering to think.