MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In The Spotlight: buddyholly

View Single Post

Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #94
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In The Spotlight: buddyholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
how gutted are you today? and who are you gonna root for in the quarters (ger-arg)?
Not gutted at all. I haven't actually had any since the Hand of Gaul. I share a language with the English, not much else. Now it is the choice of two evils, but I was in Cuba when Maradona was there living in relative luxury and giving the proverbial finger to the opressed Cubans with his pal Fidel. Supposedly he was there to be rehabilitated from his drug addiction, but I imagine Fidel was able to give him what he ''needed'' at the time. In return he seems to have made a devil's pact with Fidel to act as a stooge for him in South America.
So in the choice of two evils, I would get the biggest laugh seeing Maradona fall on his face.

And although I love the game of football, the rolling around by the cheating prima donna players, the ineptitude of refereeing and the bufoonery of the executives has made it just another big business. Maybe I should just get a collection of George Best tapes and rerun those. I really would like to see this WC get more absurd by the day.
Did you know that youtube now has a vuvuzuela button? You can watch videos and have vuvuzuelas drown out the soundtrack. Maybe that will be the legacy of this WC, - the universal vuvuzuela button.

As for potential winners how come nobody talks about Holland? I would like them to win as a sort of reward for their body of work over the last 40 years. I was in Holland when they lost the final to Germany in 1974. Didn't get to see Amsterdam in full party mode. I blame Germany for that.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-28-2010 at 01:23 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote