MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - °_° - Stan's news - °_°

View Single Post

Old 06-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #121
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: °_° - Stan's news - °_°

Translation from an article from the Swiss media:

Wawrinka splits from his coach

Dimitri Zavialoff and Stanislas Wawrinka will go different ways now.

Stanislas Wawrinka is looking for a new coach. Five days after his 1st round loss in Wimbledon against Dennis Istomin Switzerlands #2 and coach Dimitri Zavialoff split.

A long partnerships ends

Wawrinka worked with Zavialoff since he was 8 years old. "I'm grateful for all the hard work which he invested in me. He was responsible that I won the Junios tournament in Roland Garros and 2 ATP titles (Umag 2006 and Casablanca 2010) and managed to reach the Top 10 in the rankings. He played the central role in my career and I'm very grateful for this."

Reason for the split is not known

Reasons for the split during the season weren't named by Wawrinka, but one of it was probably that the 25years old lately stagnated. He didn't managed to return back to the Top 10 in 2009 and after the first half of this season and the 1st round loss in Wimbledon the tendency is not looking promising despite the 2nd tournament victory in April in Marocco. Already one year ago media advised Wawrinka to split from Zavialoff.

It's not known when Stanislas Wawrinka can present his new coach. His next tournaments will be the Masters-1000-Events in Toronto (from 9th August) and Cincinnati (16th August). He is going to miss the Swiss Open in Gstaad this summer for the first time.

German source: http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/sport/...1.6268242.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote