MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

View Single Post

Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer become number 1 again?

Unfortunately I think it's unlikely... In the short term, his best chances at gaining points will come at the end of the year in Shanghai (if he plays) and Bercy, next year's spring season, and if Rafa doesn't have such a good clay season next year, but he's erratic off the slams as we've seen so I don't know if he'd be able to sustain a high level of performance that he needs in order to do that Never expected him to return to #1 after he lost it the first time though and he did, so who knows.

He said at the ITF reception that finishing YE #1 is still a goal.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote