MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Davis Cup 2006 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Come on Great Britain (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=9774)

Aleksa's Laydee 04-06-2004 09:03 AM

Come on Great Britain

we may not be in the world group bit (thanks to morocco :mad: )
but we're still playin this weekend

COME ON GREG, TIM, JON and ARVIND!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

PinkFeatherBoa 04-06-2004 11:13 AM

Re: Come on Great Britain

Yeah good luck guys. I'm sure it'll go fine.:D

lilianspring 04-06-2004 12:26 PM

Good luck to Tim and GB

Kristen 04-06-2004 12:59 PM

Luxembourg right? The asses that beat my Finland!!!
GO TIM! GO ARVIND! Avenge that Finnish loss :sad:

Raquel 04-06-2004 05:15 PM

Good Luck Team GB!! especially Tim :) Will Alex Bogdanovic be in the team? I honestly don't know any of the Luxembourg players, but I think we will win comfortably. Anyone know what surface this is on?

lilianspring 04-07-2004 02:09 AM

Hey,Raquel,the following are the details on the website of Davis Cup

National Tennis Centre (CNT), Esch/Alzette, LUX
Stadium Capacity: 900
09 April - 11 April 2004
Day 1: 1200hrs (GMT 1000hrs)
Day 2: 1520hrs (GMT 1320hrs)
Day 3: 1100hrs (GMT 0900hrs)
Surface: Hard - Indoors
Ball Type: Dunlop Fort

Aleksa's Laydee 04-07-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjorkman_Girl
Luxembourg right? The asses that beat my Finland!!!
GO TIM! GO ARVIND! Avenge that Finnish loss :sad:

yeh i know that was so rude :mad: hehe

no alex isnt in the team :( its greg, tim, arvind and jonathan :D

Jim Jones 04-08-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raquel
Good Luck Team GB!! especially Tim :) Will Alex Bogdanovic be in the team? I honestly don't know any of the Luxembourg players, but I think we will win comfortably. Anyone know what surface this is on?

Gilles Muller was a junior champ at U.S Open & was a finalist at junior Aussie Open. At 6'5 he has a huge serve & is close to being in top 100.

Raquel 04-08-2004 11:52 PM

Greg won't be playing singles, Arvind will

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3610977.stm

LUXEMBOURG v GB SCHEDULE
Friday singles (1100 BST)
Muller v Parmar
Kremer v Henman
Saturday doubles (1420 BST)
Muller/Scheidweiler v Henman/Rusedski
Sunday singles (1000 BST)
Muller v Henman
Kremer v Parmar

Rusedski sits out singles

DAVIS CUP EURO-AFRICAN ZONE

Luxembourg v GB
Friday 9 April - Sunday 11 April

Greg Rusedski will play just the doubles rubber of Great Britain's Davis Cup tie in Luxembourg.
Arvind Parmar takes his place in the singles, kicking off the tie against Luxembourg number one Gilles Muller.

Tim Henman will play Gilles Kremer and then he and Rusedski will play Muller and Mike Scheidweiler in the doubles.

Rusedski will be playing in his first competitive event since being cleared of a drugs offence by an ATP anti-doping tribunal.

GB team captain Jeremy Bates defended his decision to keep Rusedski back for the doubles, saying: "Arvind has had one of his best ever starts to the year, winning one Challenger tournament and getting to the semi-final of another.

"He deserves his opportunity and we come here with a very strong team.

"Greg is half of a proven doubles partnership with Tim Henman and the fact he will come into play on Saturday feeling fresh is a tremendous boost for us."

Rusedski said he respected Bates' decision to rest him.

"I have no problems with the decision Jeremy has made but I'm feeling very fresh and looking forward to starting in the doubles," said the 30-year-old.

"It's a great feeling to put all the problems of the last few months behind me and get back to what you do best. It feels as though a great weight has been lifted from me."

Aleksa's Laydee 04-09-2004 12:49 PM

yeh, come on arvind!!!
5th set of the 1st match
come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aleksa's Laydee 04-09-2004 04:20 PM

yay he won

tis 1-1 now

bluepastures 04-09-2004 04:20 PM

Gilles Kremer is also the younger sister of Anne (I looked up her profile in the 2004 media guide), formerly in the top 50 on the WTA tour, and just returning from a serious injury. I think he did better than expected against Henman, despite losing in straight sets.
Compact, but it looked like an atmospheric venue. Reminds me of Filderstadt, where they hold a WTA event.

Jim Jones 04-09-2004 05:59 PM

Actually Gilles Kremer is her brother not sister

plum_juice10 04-09-2004 08:40 PM

Well done to Tim...unlucky unfortunately that Arvind lost...oh well...better luck next time.

Good luck Tom and Greg in the doubles tomorrow!

Aleksa's Laydee 04-10-2004 06:12 PM

Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski won the doubles rubber to put Britain 2-1 up in their Davis Cup tie against Luxembourg.
The British pair enjoyed a comfortable 6-4 7-6 (9/7) 6-3 win over Gilles Muller and Mike Scheidweiler.

Rusedski showed few signs of rustiness in his first match since January after being cleared of a doping offence.

Luxembourg had set point in the second set but British pair averted the danger and broke straight away in the third set to win in just under two hours.

Luxembourg earned just one break point in the match, and that did not come until towards the end of the third set.

But Henman and Rusedski had trouble penetrating their opponents' serve and had Luxembourg been able to convert their set point in the second set, things could have proved a lot trickier for the British pair.

Rusedski was palpably relieved to have got his comeback under way.

I think I'm more relaxed out there now

Greg Rusedski

"You can practise all you want but it is different being in a match situation," said the 30-year-old Briton.

"It's been an extremely long time since I have enjoyed a tennis match so much," added Rusedski, who last competitive match was at the Australian Open.

"I felt emotional out there because it's taken such a long time but now everything has been put behind me.

"I knew I had to keep those emotions inside and get on with the match but it was pretty comfortable out there."

Henman also felt that he and Rusedski had gelled well.

"It seems that Greg and I click well together and we felt confident coming into the match," said the 29-year-old British number one.

"We knew we just had to be professional and that was the key. The second set was tight but we always felt we had enough to win."