MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   FITD (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=804)
-   -   Suggestion for FITD (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96718)

ExcaliburII 02-26-2007 12:27 PM

Suggestion for FITD

I think that if we are able to play FITD in all tournaments only the best per week should count:wavey:

Also think FITD shouldn`t allow players to play more than one tournament a week.

Deathless Mortal 02-26-2007 01:12 PM

Re: Suggestion for FITD

There's still small number of players which play FITD, so i think it still should be allowed to play more than one tourney per week and later change it.

blakeroddick126 02-26-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal (Post 4941437)
There's still small number of players which play FITD, so i think it still should be allowed to play more than one tourney per week and later change it.

agreed. there is still a few player, however when the numbers grow then u shuld be able to play only one, but for now lets keep it the way it is.

ExcaliburII 02-26-2007 01:16 PM

It could be as Suicide tennis, only one tourney per week. Not running the three tournaments a week.

Action Jackson 02-26-2007 01:17 PM

Hopefully there will be enough players to get 2 tournaments a week.

Deathless Mortal 02-26-2007 01:21 PM

And are we going to limit number of players for each tourney or is it going to stay as it is now? Because, when player will be able to play only 1 tourney, and if number of players per tourney is not limited, than, let's say in this week, almost everybody would go to play Dubai.

ExcaliburII 02-26-2007 01:23 PM

I wouldn`t. PAW doesn`t put a limit and the quantity of players if varied.

Peta Pan 02-26-2007 01:41 PM

Nothing personal against Ruisantos here but I just want to clarify an incident in Rotterdam last week where people were being allowed to replace their Bjorkman pick with De Voest despite the match not containing a seeded player.

The rules at the start of the thread of each game says that only seeded players can be replaced. I just want to make sure that that will be the way it remains? And if so that everyone knows of that rule so it doesn't get so confusing in the future :)

meninosantos 02-26-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peta Pan (Post 4941596)
Nothing personal against Ruisantos here but I just want to clarify an incident in Rotterdam last week where people were being allowed to replace their Bjorkman pick with De Voest despite the match not containing a seeded player.

The rules at the start of the thread of each game says that only seeded players can be replaced. I just want to make sure that that will be the way it remains? And if so that everyone knows of that rule so it doesn't get so confusing in the future :)

And I want to discuss that...I think that rule has to change...Or we can change any player or we can't change nothing...Seeded players are not less than the other players...

Tytta!. 02-26-2007 01:51 PM

I agree with Rui. Either we have it or we don't.

Peta Pan 02-26-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruisantos (Post 4941628)
And I want to discuss that...I think that rule has to change...Or we can change any player or we can't change nothing...Seeded players are not less than the other players...

I have nothing against the rule being changed either, just want it clarified :)... also don't want to take over the rules of BlakeRoddick126's game either so I guess it's something that needs some discussion

Caio_Brasil 02-26-2007 04:45 PM

I think that if any player withdraws, the participants must be allowed to change all picks envolving this player. But it has to be done before the match with the lucky loser starts.

Another point is the ranking. I think we can do the same as PAW. Giving points to each final position, and counting only the best result in the week. If we keep doing this way, the number will have 1 million points in a year!

blakeroddick126 02-26-2007 06:17 PM

dont worry about my rules everyone, feel free to offer up suggestions so here are some issues that we should cover this week:-

1) Amount of Tournaments Played--> I think its best if we keep it to everyone can play as many tournaments a week, because if we just leave it open to everyone then people will most likely go for the strongest event. And I dont think it would be a problem if everyone who played would play all three events right?

2) I just want to mention, that next year (after the Australian Open cuz thats when we started) there will be DEFENDING POINTS. You will have to defend the amount of points you received last year on your ranking, but we will most likely discuss that next year, but to give u a brief example:

Dubai--> 2006 Result....2300---> 2007 Result.....1999
Since I didnt defend my points I will LOSE points (similar to ATP tour, and I am getting these rules from theoriginal game in the WTA forum website)..so you would get 2300-1999= 301 ....so in the ranking you would LOSE 301 points rather than gain.

But we will discuss sometime next year

3) I know there are some concerning issues about withdrawal of players. I am willing to change that rule, however, you must change the draw before the match has started. So I grant this rule to change.

4) The MASTERS series at the end of the year. I need everyone's opinion on this. In the WTA forum, the top 8 players(in the race) will make it to the year ending championships. For the ATP FITD, would you like to make it top 8, 16, 32...or just everyone play the end of the year.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Remember that FITD is always willing for change so just speak out and support your suggestions!

ExcaliburII 02-26-2007 06:32 PM

Only Top8

ltaravilse 02-26-2007 06:55 PM

I would like to suggest something about the points of each tournament...
For the real players tournaments like Dubai gives more points than tournaments like Buenos Aires because better players play Dubai and prices are higher... but for FITD I think that we should earn the same points for every ATP tournament, the same points for every MS and the same points for every GS