MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Rest Of The World (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Sergei "S.O.S." Bubka cheering thread ;) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=95421)

Nathaliia 02-08-2007 07:22 PM

Sergei "S.O.S." Bubka cheering thread ;)

Let's make some hype ;) S.O.S. means Son of Sergei and he is reaching the career best achievement, by winning quallies and getting into quaters of Wrocław 125K+H challenger. He has given hundreds of interviews all around the world, and this is very funny that the questions are almost all the time the same ;)

At first I took him as kid without a class, but maybe he was just tired after the trip and insecure in the new place. On the next day he redeemed himself and he keeps redeeming every day, by making organizing team happy and gathering spectators at the hall. He also gave his first autograph/photo session today... was a little stressed, but it was only 15 minutes long.

His tennis: Is strong. Good first serve. Not afraid to attack at the net. Not afraid of a topspin backhand ( :lol: ). Oncourt movement seems his weakest point, he needs to rush more to those balls. But he seems to be improving in it, when the ball is important in the set, and then he is running (quite heavily, let's admit).

anyway come on Sergei :wavey:

scarecrows 02-08-2007 07:23 PM

Re: Sergei "S.O.S." Bubka cheering thread ;)

yay, :bounce:

I liked his father's career and never been in a bandwagon

let's see where he can take us

Nathaliia 02-08-2007 07:25 PM

I was too young to follow his father's career and I was the only journalist in his life who asked him about him and not his father or father-related so far ( :rocker2: )

tennisculture 02-08-2007 11:04 PM

I hope he will win the tournament now that Nico lost !

Very blue eyes... :) :

L.R 02-08-2007 11:10 PM

He finally got his topic ! :)

That's great ! I'm following his results for more than a year now... he was in junior !
He's definitly a good hope of the new generation ! :D

#1 seed N.Mahut lost today so he's got an easier draw now to the final ... let's hope he'll make it ;)

Nathaliia 02-09-2007 10:04 AM

He promised to defeat Jan Mertl in the quaterfinal today :) It is his biggest success ever in here.

His eyes are almost as blue as Tomasz Bednarek's.

L.R 02-09-2007 04:31 PM

he finally lost : Jan Mertl - Sergei Bubka 6-4, 7-6(5)

but still it was a great tournament for him ! :)

Nathaliia 02-09-2007 05:01 PM

Umpire was crap at two important points. Sergei got deconcentrated, but he was too stressed overall. Started to play well at 2-6 in the tie-break, but it was too late. Saved 3 mps, still it wasn't enough.

Haven't talked to him after the match, only briefly before. I guess he's upset now :awww: He goes to Croatia futures now. Overall I would love him to play this level until Katowice 15K futures where I may run a press office myself :help:

Tomorrow he hits 20. Happy birthday boy.

L.R 02-09-2007 06:08 PM

I think he'll keep that level ... he already improved a lot since the last two years ! I'm sure he'll keep going that way ! :)

Nathaliia 02-09-2007 06:14 PM

Yep exactly. Too bad we didn't have another conference. There are other questions I'd like to ask him.

I also know he was very sad when entered players lounge :sad:

L.R 02-09-2007 06:20 PM

poor baby :hug:

but that's good experience though !
He'll learn from it ... and finally look forward... that's how it works :)

L.R 02-12-2007 08:21 PM

He finally withdrew from the Croatian Future.

delsa 02-15-2007 09:08 PM

He was interviewed at last year's Roland Garros Junior and he seemed to be a really nice bloke! :yeah: Too bad the video isn't available on Fr tv's site anymore. I would have put the link here...

Nathaliia 02-16-2007 02:21 PM

Yes he is. And the funniest thing is that he is answering always the same questions, which are the questions about his dad.

Looks like he will play in Croatia#2 futures and got a fine for withdrawing from Croatia#1.

jmsx521 05-24-2007 02:36 AM

I wonder how high he can jump over the net... it's genetics!