MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Kristof Vliegen (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=649)
-   -   2007 cheering thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=95291)

Nymeria 12-20-2006 11:10 AM

2007 cheering thread

Hey Kristof fans :wavey: the Fly had a tough start of the year, so time that we cheer a bit louder for him! So that's why Mae and I thought it would be nice to get him a cheering thread.

Please come in here and cheer him to some great victories :yeah:

And feel free to give your ideas about a nice threadtitle, would be nice to cheer it a bit regularly, depending on where he plays and how his results are.

Go Kristof :bounce:

For those who missed it, Kristof mentioned in his ATPblog during Auckland tournament that he has a nickname, Fly, this is because Vliegen is a Dutch word meaning "to fly"

16681 12-24-2006 03:00 AM

"the Fly can use some support! Cheer for him here: first of all Davis Cup"

The team for Belgium has not yet been picked. But they put the Aussies on clay which I think is a great idea :D

16681 12-30-2006 08:57 PM

Re: Davis Cup 2007

Well Kristof is going to play as is Ollie. Chris R. isn't going to play because he has said he is going to retire. X-Man isn't playing because he has refused to play in the Davis Cup so much the other Belgium players are mad at him! He said he would play this time, but at this point at least he isn't due to feelings on the team :sad: I can understand the team's feelings, but I think the X-Man is needed because Belgium doesn't have a lot of known players :sad:

16681 02-05-2007 05:56 AM

Re: Davis Cup 2007

Well some good news Chris R. is going to play :D The team will be Ollie, Chris, Kristof, and Dick Norman. I think the team might have been stronger, if the players could have put their feelings aside and had the X-Man on the team :sad:

Nymeria 02-05-2007 07:25 AM

"the Fly can use some support! Cheer for him here: first of all Davis Cup"

Go Kristof :bounce:

linus 02-05-2007 02:02 PM

Re: "the Fly can use some support! Cheer for him here: first of all Davis Cup"

till now I just began my serious care for DavisCup :p

really happy for Kristof' DC journey :banana:

and I do have a feeling that he can win a singles tie :aplot: :cool:

guy, fly, focus all of you here :hug:

16681 02-05-2007 05:06 PM

Chiudi-fan great job on this thread :D I don't know if you asked a Moderator about a sticky for the Schedule Thread and this cheering thread so I asked one to put a sticky up for each thread in a PM.

Nymeria 02-05-2007 05:25 PM

Good you asked this Mae, as I indeed did not so far :) will be nice to have those two threads as sticky's.

16681 02-05-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan (Post 4815891)
Good you asked this Mae, as I indeed did not so far :) will be nice to have those two threads as sticky's.

Yes it will be nice :D I asked Neely and she is always good about helping people so it is just a question of when she sees that PM :) I really hope we can get Kristof more fans and more posters wouldn't hurt things at all.
But he has got to get back to playing tennis the way he was last year!

Nymeria 02-05-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 4816116)
Yes it will be nice :D I asked Neely and she is always good about helping people so it is just a question of when she sees that PM :) I really hope we can get Kristof more fans and more posters wouldn't hurt things at all.
But he has got to get back to playing tennis the way he was last year!

Maybe we should make some adds "Great player looks for fans" :p

16681 02-05-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan (Post 4816314)
Maybe we should make some adds "Great player looks for fans" :p

:haha: I wish we could say that! But the X-Man has gone by Kristof in the Rankings easily :sad: I like the X-Man, but it was nice when Kristof was for a while the Number 1 player of his country :) It just didn't last very long :sad:

Nymeria 02-05-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 4817046)
:haha: I wish we could say that! But the X-Man has gone by Kristof in the Rankings easily :sad: I like the X-Man, but it was nice when Kristof was for a while the Number 1 player of his country :) It just didn't last very long :sad:

Belgium has 3 (actually 4, but Chris is a bit less good than the others imo) great players, who, I think, will change being the best of the country regularly. Wouldn't be surprised if soon Oli or kristof is teh best again. Kristof just didn't have a great start of the year, but there are still many parts in the year where he can improve and gain points for his ranking :)

Neely 02-05-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae (Post 4815694)
Chiudi-fan great job on this thread :D I don't know if you asked a Moderator about a sticky for the Schedule Thread and this cheering thread so I asked one to put a sticky up for each thread in a PM.

Yes, threads stuck! :wavey: If you don't need or don't want it anymore stickied, a supermod can make it undone again at any time, just tell one of them!

16681 02-06-2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely (Post 4818115)
Yes, threads stuck! :wavey: If you don't need or don't want it anymore stickied, a supermod can make it undone again at any time, just tell one of them!

Thanks so much Neely :) No matter where I am you always take care of me :D

linus 02-09-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linus (Post 4814466)
and I do have a feeling that he can win a singles tie :aplot: :cool:

what a me :cool:

:lol:

Kristof, well done :yeah: