MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Switzerland (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Who should be the Swiss #2 DC singles player? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=9519)

WyveN 03-24-2004 04:17 AM

Who should be the Swiss #2 DC singles player?

Kratochvil is in a major hole right now. I doubt his place in DC is secure.
I like the guy but lately, he cant even win the first round of qualifier

Action Jackson 03-24-2004 05:39 AM

Re: Who should be the Swiss #2 DC singles player?

He has been injured recently and yes I like the guy, but Rosset might as well make a comeback for the singles.

Then again I am not sure, at least they have a doubles combination.

yanchr 03-25-2004 02:53 PM

Not sure actually. Maybe Rosset...
It seems that recently not a single one could give Roger a solid support. I'm hoping the one coming out could hand out his share of responsibility to the Swiss next time(s). Roger is superb, but you can never expect him to grab 3 points in DC on and on. The fact is that every time after the DC match, Roger is simply worn out whatever the result.

Action Jackson 03-25-2004 03:03 PM

Wawrinka is definitely the future, it's just a question of whether he is ready to step up and play now.

yanchr 03-25-2004 03:09 PM

I hope you are right GWH. For the sake of Roger, guess I should pay more attention to some young Swiss :)

WyveN 03-26-2004 02:56 AM

I say throw Wawrinka in. The worst that will happen is he will gain some experience while getting thrashed, not so bad considering I can't see any #2 Swiss player right now winning a singles match

lsy 03-26-2004 05:35 AM

If wawrinka is the future, then for all sake, put him in.

It's pointless in hoping for a mirable DC win for the Swiss right now, might as well focus on near future. I think the Swiss team should realise that too, their focus now in DC other than going as far as possible should be bringing up other players. I just don't see Roger winning it all especially vs other countries such as Argentina, Spain or US. Someone posted Rogi's DC interview in the other thread. Rogi was saying that he loves the team spirit, playing for his country etc etc but in the meantime he also felt happy when it's over coz it was so intense. One can only imagine the pressures on him, especially this coming tie vs France. All tickets sold out in no time, all expecting him and "the team" to win.

misyou25 03-26-2004 12:08 PM

kratochvil

Mrs. B 04-02-2004 08:06 AM

Wawrinka. Give the kid a break. He's also playing in his home area. Should give him a big boost.

Action Jackson 04-02-2004 08:20 AM

Good there are some people that agree with me. Yes, Stani will learn very quickly what pro tennis is all about and playing in his home arena could inspire him.

lsy 04-02-2004 09:44 AM

But looks like the kid still needs to wait for his next chance.

misyou25 04-02-2004 11:20 AM

i think maybe if it's like that: on friday switzerland won 2 and the double they lose and then wawrinka can play 4th play and then sb else if he loses

lsy 04-02-2004 11:42 AM

But his name wasn't on the nominated list, I doubt he will be playing at all. By the way, I think the 4th match is meant for the no.1 single of both teams.

Mrs. B 04-02-2004 11:54 AM

that list is tentative, lsy, Marc can still change it one hour before the final draw on April 8 at 1 pm, and might even nominate himself.

lsy 04-02-2004 11:56 AM

oh ok.

Hi there, Mrs. B, ap khabar?