MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Bernard Tomic (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1595)
-   -   The Bernard Tomic Cheering Thread! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=93995)

Matchu 01-18-2007 05:07 AM

The Bernard Tomic Cheering Thread!
 
Making a thread on Bernard Tomic as he makes his junior Grand Slam debut at the 2007 aussie open.

Congrats Bernard, he has made major strides in the last two years. Some beleive he is ahead of Lleyton Hewitt at the same age.

I suspect him to turn pro in the next two years and be playing Davis Cup not long after.

Tomic Bio:

Birth Date: 21/10/1992
Birth Place: Stuttgart, Germany
Residence: Gold Coast, Australia
Nationality: Australia
Weight: 55kg
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface: Grass
Coach: -
Age Started Tennis: 7
Personal Interests: Soccer, table tennis, basketball

Matchu 01-18-2007 05:41 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Just thought a couple of you might want to know what he looks like so heres some pics





Bernard with fellow Queenslander Pat Rafter

Cindy19 01-18-2007 12:54 PM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Thanks Matchu for starting this thread, i read an article about Bernard from my local tennis magazine...
:lol: his parents come from Germany

he is cute.

Matchu 01-19-2007 12:00 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19 (Post 4705960)
Thanks Matchu for starting this thread, i read an article about Bernard from my local tennis magazine...
:lol: his parents come from Germany

he is cute.

lol as does he, he was born in Stuttgart but I don't start thinking he will play for Germany, He wants to play Davis Cup for Australia he has said and wants to be the youngest ever to play for Aussie.

And as I'm aware he also has Croatian roots.

I'm very anxicous to see how he handles a Junior Grand Slam.

OZTENNIS 01-19-2007 01:40 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
I once played Bernard when he was 9 and i was 11. I lost 6-2. Even then, Bernard knew exactly what to do with the ball, was extremely consistent and had a great court presence. I tip him to make the ATP Top 10 (at least)!!

Cindy19 01-19-2007 04:17 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matchu (Post 4709255)
lol as does he, he was born in Stuttgart but I don't start thinking he will play for Germany, He wants to play Davis Cup for Australia he has said and wants to be the youngest ever to play for Aussie.

And as I'm aware he also has Croatian roots.

I'm very anxicous to see how he handles a Junior Grand Slam.

Yep, He moved to Australia when he was a little baby, so no doubt he will play for Aussie, and Glad he looks so cute and kind, nicer than Mr.C'mon.
He has Croatian roots?

I am looking forward to see him play in the court and some day against Llyton.:rolleyes:

Cindy19 01-19-2007 04:21 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OZTENNIS (Post 4709667)
I once played Bernard when he was 9 and i was 11. I lost 6-2. Even then, Bernard knew exactly what to do with the ball, was extremely consistent and had a great court presence. I tip him to make the ATP Top 10 (at least)!!

What about you? are you still playing tennis?:cool:

Matchu 01-19-2007 04:40 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Bernard played a warm up tournament in Melbourne a couple of days ago,
defeated Peerakit Siributwong of Thailand 6-3 6-3, but was defeated at the hands of the world number 12 Matteo Trevisan of Italy 6-4 6-3.

Thats a good result coming into a Grand Slam against a top 20 player.

Cindy19 01-19-2007 05:11 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Not sure, i heard his parents were teacher.
Is he also good at clay?

Matchu 01-19-2007 05:19 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19 (Post 4710225)
Not sure, i heard his parents were teacher.
Is he also good at clay?

He has entered four ITF 18/u clay tournaments and gotten into the second round in three and third round in one. He definetly plays better on hard than clay but says his favorite surface is grass.

Cindy19 01-19-2007 05:28 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Hey You know him a lot.

I just read an article about him, i can not find the magainze recently, when i found it i will take a pic for it, but it is in Chinese.

Matchu 01-19-2007 05:47 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19 (Post 4710275)
Hey You know him a lot.

I just read an article about him, i can not find the magainze recently, when i found it i will take a pic for it, but it is in Chinese.

I've been following his career for a while now about 2 years as we both live in the Gold Coast. I entered a tournament a couple of years ago and Bernard was the number 1 seed and won the final 6-0 6-0.

Anyway that would be great if you could put some pics up of the magazine article, maybe we could get a Chinese person on this forum to translate for us.

Cindy19 01-19-2007 06:07 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Here is the pix


well, I am Chinese :lol:

Matchu 01-19-2007 06:14 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy19 (Post 4710366)
Here is the pix


well, I am Chinese :lol:

:lol: sorry I thought you were German from your flag being germany, would you mind translating I would love to know what the chinese think of him it's great to see him getting exposure overseas.

Cindy19 01-19-2007 06:24 AM

Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!
 
Ok, but you have to stand my English :lol: and it costs time to do that


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.