MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Juniors (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   GA - 2007 Casablanca Cup - mexican Peralta won!!! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=92185)

Melvins 12-29-2006 10:19 PM

GA - 2007 Casablanca Cup - mexican Peralta won!!!

Surprise!:eek:

In QF, Radu Albolt (91 ITF) defeat the next world junior number one Jonathan Eysseric in 2 sets (6-3 6-0:eek: ). Any phisical problem with Eysseric?

In semis, Radu Albot (MDA) plays against Johnny Hamui (USA, 55 ITF). The other semi is between players out of top 700 ITF!:rolleyes:

A brazilean qualifier, Henrique Cunha (16 yrs old, 740 ITF), plays against a mexican wild card, Eduardo Peralta (1637 ITF).

Should this tournament gives GA points to ranking. The 2 G1 in Australia before Aussie Open is much better than this tournament, maybe Banana Bowl and Osaka Mayors Open.

GustavoM_Fan 12-29-2006 10:37 PM

Re: GA - 2007 Casablanca Cup - Albot defeats Eysseryc

With this results, you forget Radu Albot in the list... :p

The mexican hope Eduardo Peralta is alive!!!!
Peralta vs the brazilian Cunha 90........(who beat his "country brother" Romboli (89)

Melvins, do you like to play Super Tennis??? I play with nando_lasheras and he destroy me... :lol:

I vote for Gastao in your poll.....

Pixie 12-30-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melvins (Post 4597720)
Surprise!:eek:

In QF, Radu Albolt (91 ITF) defeat the next world junior number one Jonathan Eysseric in 2 sets (6-3 6-0:eek: ). Any phisical problem with Eysseric?

Yes, Eysseric was ill (gastro-enteritis)

Melvins 12-30-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan (Post 4597800)
With this results, you forget Radu Albot in the list... :p

The mexican hope Eduardo Peralta is alive!!!!
Peralta vs the brazilian Cunha 90........(who beat his "country brother" Romboli (89)

Melvins, do you like to play Super Tennis??? I play with nando_lasheras and he destroy me... :lol:

I vote for Gastao in your poll.....

Albot? At now, he is only 90 ITF! Casablanca is not a real GA!

I played 2/3 times against Nando, but he win ever by 6-0 or 6-0.:o I prefer Virtua Tennis...:p Super Tennis is very hard to learn!

Melvins 12-31-2006 07:17 PM

Re: GA - 2007 Casablanca Cup - mexican Peralta wins!!!

Mexican Eduardo Peralta (WC-1637) won the first Grade A of year!!! :eek:

In final, Peralta defeat Albot 6-1 6-2!:eek:

What do you think about this?:rolleyes:

SHB 12-31-2006 10:01 PM

Re: GA - 2007 Casablanca Cup - mexican Peralta won!!!

Why should the tournament be dismissed just because an unknown player won it? There were some good players in the draw, such as Eysseric, Damico, Velasco, and Berankis, and Peralta outperformed all of them. Okay, the draw is less strong than what one would expect in a GA tournament, but let's give Peralta some credit here.

Morgan Z 01-01-2007 12:51 AM

Full credit to Peralta for emerging victorious out here.

But I agree with Melvins about this event's dubious GA status. In 2005, Roehampton had a cut off of 79!!!! That's far better than Orange Bowl...

Melvins 01-01-2007 04:11 PM

I didn't want retire the credit of Peralta's win! He's a good victory, but you can say that it was a victory at GA level, maybe neither a G1 level.

In next 2 week, we will see 2 Australian G1 tournaments with a entry list 3/4x better than Casablanca.

I'm not question only Casablanca status, I made it in Osaka Mayors too. I think that it's bad for junior circuit, because rankings don't show the real talent of players.

And why a Grand Slam give exactly some points that a GA, exception to the winner (2x)? So, a GS finalist is so hard that a GA, but a GS winner is 2x much hard tha a GA winner... What is a logic of this?:confused: