MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Tennis Tipping (http://www.menstennisforums.com/532-tennis-tipping/)
-   -   PTS or Set Ratios as TB method? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/532-tennis-tipping/90120-pts-set-ratios-tb-method.html)

Labamba 11-10-2006 07:36 AM

PTS or Set Ratios as TB method?

Which Tiebreak method would you prefer to be used in TT?

In PTS you have to predict the exact scoreline of a given match. You know how PTS works as we have been using it all season. Your match will only go to PTS if you and your opponent both tip the same amount of winners in the round.

In Set Ratios you have to predict sets won only (E.G. 2-1, 2-0, 3-2, etc). You get one point for predicting each match correct in a round. Your match will only go to Set Ratios if you and your opponent both tip the same amount of winners in the round.

Please vote, this is the first part of a poll that will determine how the game will use TB's and CB's next year. The second part will be posted after this one is finished. This poll will be open for 10 days.

Björki 11-10-2006 07:45 AM

Re: PTS or Set Ratios as TB method?

I only voted for wta bec I never knew my TB score this year. :lol:

invu2day 11-10-2006 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Björki (Post 4430323)
I only voted for wta bec I never knew my TB score this year. :lol:

Luck is involved in both PTS and Set ratio but alot less luck and more tipping ablility is found with Set ratios therefore my vote goes for Set ratios's :)

A_Skywalker 11-10-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invu2day (Post 4430373)
Luck is involved in both PTS and Set ratio but alot less luck and more tipping ablility is found with Set ratios therefore my vote goes for Set ratios's :)

exactly :yeah:

LK_22 11-10-2006 08:50 AM

Have to go with set ratio, definitely seems fairer than the PTS system we've been using

Labamba 11-10-2006 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invu2day (Post 4430373)

Here's the other side of the coin:

PTS is more fun and exciting system, it's not all up to luck as some people seem to believe and the TT players already know and master the system. :)

invu2day 11-10-2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labamba (Post 4430423)

PTS is more fun and exciting system, it's not all up to luck as some people seem to believe and the TT players already know and master the system. :)

I concede it is more fun but don't forget we are not playing PTS. I would prefer to get away from the PTS element of the game. Just because it is fun does not make it right for TT :p

Cristine 11-10-2006 09:14 AM

But it's pretty hard to a new player understand how PTS works :p
Set Ratio is better, in my opinion :)

A_Skywalker 11-10-2006 09:37 AM

9-4 , it will be like the other poll :)

invu2day 11-10-2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Skywalker (Post 4430515)
9-4 , it will be like the other poll :)

Set ratios will not win and people do not see the simplicity and fairness in this as yet. If they go to WTAworld and quiz TT players there, they will see they have a fairer game than us:sad:

Action Jackson 11-10-2006 09:47 AM

Doesn't every system that has been discussed have elements of luck in them?

As long as players don't lose cause of ranking as that needs to stop.

Nadie 11-10-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labamba (Post 4430423)

I agree with Ville :wavey: set ratio system seems boring to me :ras:

invu2day 11-10-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler (Post 4430540)
Doesn't every system that has been discussed have elements of luck in them?

As long as players don't lose cause of ranking as that needs to stop.

You're right there every system does have elements of luck :) But with Set ratios less luck is involved than with PTS therefore you are rewarded more for your tipping skills. That's all I'm saying ;)

Action Jackson 11-10-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invu2day (Post 4430565)
You're right there every system does have elements of luck :) But with Set ratios less luck is involved than with PTS therefore you are rewarded more for your tipping skills. That's all I'm saying ;)

I am not convinced.

savesthedizzle 11-10-2006 10:07 AM

532 Attachment(s)
People are always going to vote to stay with the status quo, it seems :sad: Thanks to those who attempted to help save TT with me..