MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Chat Threads (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271)
-   -   DNC, GOP Conventions, Presidential elections + more. Palin's Daughter Pregnant :eek: (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89998)

Pfloyd 11-07-2006 08:27 PM

DNC, GOP Conventions, Presidential elections + more. Palin's Daughter Pregnant :eek:

Later on today, congressional elections results will start appearing.

This thread is meant to discuss, analyse and inform each other on the results of the election.

As soon as I find out any results, I will post them here. Since results will be shown late at night, I do not know if I will be awake the whole night (also, my roomate hates politics), if any of you have any info on the results please post here.

P.S= Due to the success of this thread, It is now officially the MTF US Politics thread. Feel free to post political articles, info, links,opinions etc that are relevant to US Politics.

Lebowski 11-07-2006 09:10 PM

Re: Live Congresional Results

All comes down to Montana and Virginia which is leaning toward Dems

Pfloyd 11-07-2006 09:13 PM

Im keeping a close eye in Tennessee. Harold Ford Jr. is the underdog, but who know, he might pull it off, as you may already know, 40% of the registered voters already voted in the early elections when Ford Jr. was up in the polls.

The remaining polls in Tennesse are quite confusing. One puts Corker ahead 12 %, another 3% (within the margin of error) and yet another Poll shows ford ahead by 1%. Looks very interesting.

Lebowski 11-07-2006 09:25 PM

I got Corker at 51%

Johnny Groove 11-07-2006 09:35 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that exit polls are total bullshit

mangoes 11-07-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 (Post 4420397)
One thing to keep in mind is that exit polls are total bullshit

Very True...........although, I was shocked to see so many see corruption as the biggest issue in the exit polls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafuria (Post 4420334)
Im keeping a close eye in Tennessee. Harold Ford Jr. is the underdog, but who know, he might pull it off, as you may already know, 40% of the registered voters already voted in the early elections when Ford Jr. was up in the polls.

The remaining polls in Tennesse are quite confusing. One puts Corker ahead 12 %, another 3% (within the margin of error) and yet another Poll shows ford ahead by 1%. Looks very interesting.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ford pulls this off in Tennessee.

Pfloyd 11-07-2006 10:00 PM

In less than 90 min first election info will be given through MSNBC (they have the best political commentary group)

savesthedizzle 11-07-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoes (Post 4420406)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ford pulls this off in Tennessee.

Me too. *hopes*

I've already got MSNBC on.... Election Day is pretty much more exciting than Christmas for me. :lol:

Pfloyd 11-07-2006 10:22 PM

I agree, come any type of election day (especially US politics) , I become a political addict.

savesthedizzle 11-07-2006 10:57 PM

Polls almost closed in Virginia....

:scared:

savesthedizzle 11-07-2006 11:01 PM

It's going to be a long night. :lol:

NicoFan 11-07-2006 11:03 PM

They just said around 9:00 we'll know Virginia.

Pfloyd 11-07-2006 11:04 PM

First Results in, but way too soon to give any info, we will know Virginia at about 9:00

stay tuned

NicoFan 11-07-2006 11:04 PM

I love election day too! :lol:

It is more exciting than Christmas.

Though I'm scared. :eek: I want a change so badly in Congress.

ufokart 11-07-2006 11:05 PM

Well, Indiana and Vermot were not considered very competitive (Indiana didn't even have a democrat opposing the incumbent :lol: ) and in CNN they already announced a secure victory for both.

They are also saying that the ban on Gay Marriage will probably be approved in Virginia.