MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Federer Express (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Rogi at Dubai (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8947)

ytben 02-28-2004 05:29 PM

Rogi at Dubai

Let's discuss Rogi at Dubai 2004 here folks. We haven't heard anything so it is safe to assume he didn't pull out I guess. From GM, they said Rogi will meet Marat on first round, Henman on third, and David next potentially :( When I read that, my reaction is "omg, AGAIN????" :(.

Anyway, good luck Rogi. Defend your title! LOL, I assume they will dress Rogi in the sheik getup again. I have seen the pic, and Rogi kinda looks like a sheik. He has that spanish/arabic looks methinks.

jtipson 02-28-2004 05:36 PM

Re: Rogi at Dubai

Yeah, I'm getting tired of these kind of draws. Give the guy a break!

1st: Safin
2nd: Bjorkman/Robredo
Qf: Henman
Sf: Nalbandian
Final: *just pick the worst person you can think of from the other side of the draw*

Sounds like a TMC/AO performance coming up :)

ytben 02-28-2004 05:40 PM

yep, sounds like that will be the case. My gosh, at least no one will say he got and defend his no 1 the easy way.

yanchr 02-28-2004 05:45 PM

Hi ytben My first reaction is the same 'Again?!!' No surprise, uh?:rolleyes: OK we should accept it...it is and will always be a fact that we should manage to deal with :rolleyes:

Maybe we should start a draw thread to post all draws Roger got and will get, to see how he is well taken care of by the tennis God :rolleyes:

Yet I'm in a way happy that Roger will meet Tim again and really it can't be any sooner :rolleyes: Another chance for Roger to get Tim off his back. Gooo Roger! Don't let us down again.

ytben 02-28-2004 05:51 PM

LOL, love the :rolleyes: in your post yanchr. Well to meet Henman, he will have to get past Marat first. You never know with Marat, he can pull a super performance. I am sure Marat will want to take revenge for his AO loss. Anyway I only hope one of those two will win the title, Rogi preferably.

jtipson 02-28-2004 05:55 PM

Maybe one of the other top seeds will have their fair share of these guys at the TMSes coming up. After all, Mssrs Hewitt, Henman and Nalbandian usually cause problems for Ferrero and Roddick too.

I'd like to see Andy attempt a draw like Roger's got this week. Bet he'll have a cakewalk in Scottsdale (although he can only earn 55 pts, so I don't really care).

ytben 02-28-2004 06:01 PM

LOL, yeah I am sure nobody want to see Hewitt, Henman, and Nalbandian on their side of the draw. Those guys will draw blood if the top three is not on their top form.

jtipson 02-28-2004 06:01 PM

Re: Re: Rogi at Dubai

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanchr
Maybe we should start a draw thread to post all draws Roger got and will get, to see how he is well taken care of by the tennis God :rolleyes:

Haha! Yes, that would be quite good fun yanchr ;) Sometimes I wonder how he ever got to number one :eek:

Agree this should be the right time for him to beat Tim. As much as I like Henman, enough is certainly enough!

ytben 02-28-2004 06:02 PM

Gosh, I am started to think somebody put a curse on Rogi or something. These kind of bad draws are really getting ridiculous. Non stop since Houston. It was like they were handpicked by Brad Gilbert :p. I don't remember his Paris draw.

yanchr 02-28-2004 06:11 PM

Who did the curse :mad: :smash: :smash:

He got Tim ytben you can't have forgotten ;)

jtipson, his #1 is the most deserved, we've long said that ;)

jtipson 02-28-2004 06:13 PM

Re: Re: Rogi at Dubai

Quote:

Originally Posted by ytben
Gosh, I am started to think somebody put a curse on Rogi or something. These kind of bad draws are really getting ridiculous. Non stop since Houston. It was like they were handpicked by Brad Gilbert :D. I don't remember his Paris draw.

Paris? Oh that was when he drew Henman in the quarters. Smashed racket count increased that day :(

I think Basel the previous week was ok. Nalbandian and Henman were both in other side of the draw (and even played each other!). But Roger put his back out and lost to Ljubicic...

In Madrid, he would have got Henman in the third round, but Tim lost to Mardy Fish in the first, so he was spared that problem. The other two didn't even play.

In Vienna, the draw was ok (from memory)...

In the USO, well, I remember freaking out when I saw that 4th round draw. And Cinci, same problem, same player :rolleyes:

Before that, I think things were ok. It's only since he won Wimbledon that it's been particularly difficult.

yanchr 02-28-2004 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Rogi at Dubai

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtipson
Before that, I think things were ok. It's only since he won Wimbledon that it's been particularly difficult.

Like so...
As I said, he has been under severe tests to see if he is a real champ. He showed us twice and will show us more for sure.
I just think he should be given a good break of that kinda draw...

ytben 02-28-2004 06:31 PM

Agree yanchr. How many more times he needs to prove he deserve his #1 place? Not saying he can't get through the worst of draw, but seriously enough with the bad draw! :fiery:

ytben 02-28-2004 06:32 PM

Thanks josie for refreshing my memory. Yeah, it seems the tennis god wants to test that whether Rogi can live up to his Wimbly champion title.

Mrs. B 02-28-2004 07:48 PM

...you mean live up to being no. 1? damn draws, eh? :(

don't worry, yben. Roger always surprises us when we least expect it and lately he's really proved his worth.

i just hope the next meeting with Henman is the revenge match. only one left amongst his nemesis, oder?

looking forward to his match with Safin! hope Roger's fit again.