MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Who let the Dutch out? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=89464)

Klaas_nalbandian 10-29-2006 08:44 PM

Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread

Het is denk ik wel tijd voor een cheering thread voor Thiemo de Bakker. Onze nr.1 bij de jeugd die inmiddels zijn 2e future heeft gewonnen

About time there is a Cheering thread for the no.1 of the juniors,

Thiemo won his second future in Portugal today and will reach a position in the top 500

Klaas_nalbandian 11-24-2006 03:36 PM

Re: Thiemo de Bakker Cheering Thread

Thiemo in zijn derde future finale , dit keer in Israel

Klaas_nalbandian 11-27-2006 10:19 PM

Slecht nieuws over Thiemo

TENNIS.NL - De KNLTB heeft Antal van der Duim en Thiemo de Bakker een schorsing opgelegd. Het tweetal mist daardoor de Masters in Rotterdam.
De tennisbond schorste Van der Duim en De Bakker voor een maand wegens het schenden van de groepsafspraken. Het tweetal was op dit moment in Israel.

De Bakker was afgelopen weekend nog finalist in de Future van Ramat Hasharon. Zowel Van der Duim als De Bakker zou deze week meedoen aan een Future in Tel Aviv, maar de KNLTB heeft het tweetal op het vliegtuig naar Nederland gezet.

jole 12-04-2006 11:28 PM

De Bakker and compatriot Antal van der Duim were suspended for a month by the KNLTB on 27 November 2006, because the two did not follow the commitments made between them and the federation. They were supposed to fly back home, but played three future tournaments in Israel instead. De Bakker reached the final in one of these tournaments.

Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiemo_de_Bakker

This sounds even more absurd than the explanation of getting caught with the girls.

Klaas_nalbandian 12-08-2006 01:27 PM

yeah this story is the half correct,

jole 12-10-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaas_nalbandian (Post 4539064)
yeah this story is the half correct,

So it was the girls too?

Klaas_nalbandian 12-10-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jole (Post 4545104)
So it was the girls too?

the girls were the reason I guess

they didn't play 3 tournaments and they went back to the netherlands so thats not the reason

Klaas_nalbandian 12-15-2006 11:14 PM

Thiemo de Bakker (NED) and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) are the 2006 ITF Junior World Champions.

De Bakker, 18, is the first ever Dutch player to be named Boys’ World Champion. Despite only playing only nine events during the first half of the year, he captured six singles titles including his first Grand Slam success at Wimbledon. He was also a semifinalist at Roland Garros and had an overall win-loss record of 42-3.

Klaas_nalbandian 01-31-2007 05:15 PM

Richard Krajicek will be the manager of thiemo de bakker. Richard has good contacts in the world of professional tennis and knows what you need to reach the top says thiemo. Thiemo will still work with eddy bank and the dutch federation. He will play qualies in Bergamo and Marseille in preperation of the ABN amro tournament in Rotterdam were he will play qualies to or maybe main draw if Richard will give him a wildcard, His chances will rise after signing for Richard I guess

Dupuis2006 02-06-2007 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaas_nalbandian (Post 4787621)
Richard Krajicek will be the manager of thiemo de bakker. Richard has good contacts in the world of professional tennis and knows what you need to reach the top says thiemo. Thiemo will still work with eddy bank and the dutch federation. He will play qualies in Bergamo and Marseille in preperation of the ABN amro tournament in Rotterdam were he will play qualies to or maybe main draw if Richard will give him a wildcard, His chances will rise after signing for Richard I guess

Cool hope he gets into Rotterdam Qualies at least!!

Klaas_nalbandian 02-17-2007 07:54 PM

Thiemo ontmoet in de eerste ronde Ljubicic in Ahoy

RickDaStick 02-19-2007 07:10 PM

Hi guys. Could anyone tell me what kind of game Thiemo plays? Does he have a big serve?

jole 02-19-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanLjubicic (Post 4900560)
Hi guys. Could anyone tell me what kind of game Thiemo plays? Does he have a big serve?

He plays an aggressive baseline game, pretty typical for a good junior. He is tall and lanky, and his serve is good but not great. If he continues to develop his game as he develops physically he should be able to be top 100 at least.

He isn't a super volleyer, but he might serve and volley in doubles.

Klaas_nalbandian 02-20-2007 08:44 PM

thiemo lost to ljubo but not bad 75 63

jole 02-21-2007 12:44 AM

It was very competitive from what I can tell, I followed some of the match via the scores.

Good try Thiemo. :hug: