MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where Are They Now? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8795)

sigmagirl91 02-20-2004 12:09 PM

Where Are They Now?

You know, I haven't seen a thread dedicated to those tennis players who have retired/quit/what have you.
I just wondered what happened to:
Jonas B. Svensson
Kent Carlsson-OK, the knees took him out of the game

Anyone else have any MIA's they want to share?

Space Cowgirl 02-20-2004 01:06 PM

I do, what is Edberg doing now? He was my favourite player back in the '80s but just seemed to disappear when he retired. But I only started following tennis again recently, so maybe he was there all along :shrug:

sigmagirl91 02-20-2004 01:29 PM

Re: Where Are They Now?

Edberg moved back to Sweden with his family, and is running a foundation over there.

Aphex 02-20-2004 02:21 PM

Jonas B: last I read he's a coach at a Swiss tennis-club.
Kent Carlsson: works with horses(I'm not sure).

Action Jackson 02-21-2004 12:43 AM

Kent Carlsson is a very successful horse trainer/owner he made the top 10 and when he originally injured his knee it was on those nasty hardcourts, so sigma don`t whine about rebound Ace when the same thing can happen on the cement.

He has got very fat these days as well living the good life.

Action Jackson 02-21-2004 03:42 AM

Edberg is also making a lot of money with an investment company.

Joakim Nyström is the assistant coach to Wilander for the Swedish Davis Cup team, and coaches the Fed Cup as well.

Karim Alami is coaching kids and works for an Arabic TV network doing commentary.

sigmagirl91 02-21-2004 09:09 PM

I also saw, George, where Karim took over coaching duties for the Moroccan Davis Cup team.

Tennis Fool 02-21-2004 09:42 PM

John McEnroe :confused: :lol:

fed_rad 02-21-2004 11:13 PM

Re: Re: Where Are They Now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis Fool
John McEnroe :confused: :lol:

Were probably seen John commentate many times....and apparently he has a new TV show coming out soon in the US

Action Jackson 02-22-2004 05:25 AM

Martin Jaite is now the tournament director of the Buenos Aires tournament.

Magnus Gustafsson was doing some media work, but is playing a sport called Rackelton which is played mainly in Europe, it's a combination of tennis, squash, badminton and table tennis and wants to compete for the national team in a few years.

Action Jackson 01-01-2005 05:32 AM

Bump.

# Thomas Muster is the Austrian Davis Cup captain.
# Magnus Larsson was the best Swedish language commentator and now he is coaching Thomas Enqvist.

LiZpHaIr 01-01-2005 07:15 AM

John McEnroe has tried many ways to get attention, including hosting a horrible talk show and writing unsucessful and not-very-good books that I can buy at Waldenbook's "Bargain Table" for $2.

Action Jackson 01-01-2005 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiZpHaIr
John McEnroe has tried many ways to get attention, including hosting a horrible talk show and writing unsucessful and not-very-good books that I can buy at Waldenbook's "Bargain Table" for $2.

That's a great post and his TV show was so bad that even the credits were more amusing than him.

Dirk 01-01-2005 09:10 AM

Someone should tell John that he is not that funny and he should have learned from his last TV bomb. Also tell him to wear suit jackets that fit and tuck your dress shirts in. It's TV not a high school. Dummy up and look sharp.

Action Jackson 01-01-2005 09:12 AM

Sergi Bruguera runs a tennis academy in Barcelona and just joined the seniors tour.