MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The French Musketeers (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gasquet in Bs Aires (pics) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8786)

Catriel 02-19-2004 06:48 PM

Gasquet in Bs Aires (pics)

Hello!

This week Richard Gasquet is here in Buenos Aires playing the ATP tournament, and I saw him twice.

First round he played in court 2, we were not too much people, but I saw him and his game was impressive. I knew he is very good, I saw him on TV some time, but now he is at the beggining of a great year.

I asked him for an authograph (the first time in my life I ask one) and he gave me it!!

Yesterday he played in the Main Court against Calleri (a player from here) and I was one of the only cheering for Richard (shhh don´t tell the people!) and they started to say "What a good player" , "this frenchy is really good" , "let`s see him now because he will not play again here, just in Davis cup, next year he`ll be a top ten".

I have pictures taken both days and I will post them here later. And I hope I can see him in quarterfinals too (I have tickets only for night sesion). He will face Nicolás Massú from Chile.
This time you can be sure all the people will cheer for Richard. Now they know he is good and also here people does not like chilenians.

Just give me some time to post the pictures :)

Via 02-19-2004 09:45 PM

Re: Gasquet in Bs Aires (pics)

thanx catriel !!!

wow your fellow spectators really have a lot of faith in richard...... next year a top 10!!??!! wouldn't he and his parents be pleased to hear that. no... i think there's good chance that he'll still be in BA next year :)

hmm yes... i can understand that argentinos don't cheer for chilenos, ha...

Lindsayfan 02-20-2004 07:38 AM

hi Catriel,do you remember me? :)
Thanks a lot for taking and posting Richie's pics! :kiss:

lizabeth..* 02-20-2004 07:49 AM

Thanks heaps Catriel....I have seen them and they are great!!! :)

Glad you got to see Richard too! :)

Catriel 02-20-2004 04:08 PM

Valeria (Lindsayfan) I always remember you, I have read our messages some days ago :kiss:

I will paste the pictures here later, you can see them now in the ATP Buenos Aires forum.

I am upset because today they have not scheduled him to the night session, I will not see him or take pictures, but if he wins, I will see him in the Semifinals tomorrow :) and take more pictures. Not so close like the first round, but better than the second because the daylight.

esther 02-20-2004 09:52 PM

Goood news...he did win!! looks like you will be seeing him in the SEMI FINALS, Catriel!.... :eek: yes..semi finals!!! :D

Catriel 02-23-2004 02:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures I took in ATP Buenos Aires last week.
Later I will scan the autograph he signed to me :)

Pictures from first round (monday 16/2) vs Fernando Verdasco

Catriel 02-23-2004 03:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Second Round pictures!

Richard def. my countryman Agustín Calleri:
Central court, night session.

48 and 49: Richard is playing with a remote contro toy car (Mercedes Benz).

Marine 02-23-2004 03:21 PM

thanks catriel.

Catriel 02-23-2004 03:29 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Semifinal Pictures (part 1): Gasquet vs. Coria

112: Coria and Richard in the coin toss
117: Richard flying!!

Catriel 02-23-2004 03:33 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Semifinal photos (part 2) Richard vs. "Mago" Coria

128: Gasquet flying again
129: The service. I can say he moves his body like Roddick when serving.
131: Coria and Gasquet shaking hands

Via 02-23-2004 09:55 PM

thanks catriel !!!!!

... if you don't mind me pointing out... how come your pics are quite blurred? is the camera very slow to autofocus??

Lindsayfan 02-23-2004 10:12 PM

thanks Catriel! I read our messages often (I'll never delete them) and every time I burst into tears... :sad: :hug:

Catriel 02-24-2004 02:08 AM

Re: Re: Gasquet in Bs Aires (pics)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Via
thanks catriel !!!!!

... if you don't mind me pointing out... how come your pics are quite blurred? is the camera very slow to autofocus??

Hello!
Well, I really don´t know.. It is a digital cam "Concord" 1.3 megapixels, 9.9 mm, f/3.2
It´s zoom is only 2X and some of the photos are moved (or out of focus) because perhaps I moved my hand while pushing the button. I used them in sun light some days and tungsteno light other days, and disconnected the flash.
I know they are not like professional pictures, but I´m happy with them, enjoy!

Valeria!! :kiss: :hug:

lizabeth..* 02-24-2004 02:12 AM

Just wanted to say thanks so much again for letting me use them Catriel!
They are all up on my site now with full credit to you!!

Thank you :D