MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Chat Threads (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=271)
-   -   Which book do you currently read? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87763)

Eden 10-09-2006 05:03 PM

Which book do you currently read?

I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we post which books we currently read :)

Medical examiner Sara Linton and police chief Jeffrey Tolliver make their fourth appearance in this riveting new back-and-forth thriller that grounds a brutal attack by two young men on the Grant County, Georgia police department in a twelve-year-old Alabama murder case that occurred while Sara and Jeffrey were just beginning their tumultuous romance. En route to a beach vacation shortly after they meet, the couple takes a detour to the small town where Jeffrey grew up and began his law enforcement career. But their carefree holiday is interrupted when his best friend from childhood, a fellow cop, is charged with murder after killing a man who broke into his house. Despite his subsequent confession, Jeffrey believes there’s more to the story than Robert is telling him, and when the skeleton of a young woman with whom both Robert and Tolliver were once involved is discovered in a secret cave only they knew about, and Robert admits to her murder too, Tolliver must again confront a past he thought he had long since put behind him.

El Legenda 10-09-2006 07:21 PM

Re: Which book do you currently read?

Nicomachean Ethics- Aristotle
Utilitarianism- John Stuart Mill
Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals- Kant

and about 5 other :bs: books

all for courses

:wavey:

Naranoc 10-09-2006 07:25 PM

^ You take Philosophy???

Currently chugging through Plato's 'Republic' :help:

Oh, and reading 'A Clash of Kings' by George R.R. Martin. Highly reccomended ;)

BelgianWaffle 10-09-2006 07:27 PM

French translation of 'Girl with the pearl earring'. As I haven't seen the movie, and French isn't my mother tongue it's tricky (adjectives!! :help: ) but at least I'm getting the plot. :lol:

You all must read Carlos Ruiz Zafon: the shadow of the wind. Best book I've read in ages!

savesthedizzle 10-09-2006 07:28 PM

I just finished reading Watching the English by Kate Fox, and now I'm reading The Go-Girl Guide: Surviving Your 20s with Savvy, Soul, and Style by Julia Bourland :lol:

Suzi 10-09-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle (Post 4247566)

You all must read Carloz Ruis Zafon: the shadow of the wind. Best book I've read in ages!

That is a great book :yeah:

BelgianWaffle 10-09-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzi (Post 4247575)
That is a great book :yeah:

Yep, at first it was a little bit slow, but then, as the story was unfolding, I coudn't tear myself away from it. :yeah:
I LOVE reading, but it had been ages since I was really into a book like that.
It didn't help that I brought the book with me to my (studying) house as relaxation (to read 10 pages every day before bed during the exams) and that I ended up reading it in three days, non-stop. :o

Eruwen 10-09-2006 07:55 PM

I'm reading 'Blade of Fortriu' (book 2 of the Bridei Chronicles) by Juliet Marillier. I love her... something about the way the books are written that just keeps you hooked :worship:

zicofirol 10-09-2006 07:58 PM

The book in my sig The Law, im starting to rearead it. Its a fantastic read, I recomend it to everyone.

For school I am abotu to start reading The Road to Serfdom by F.A. Hayek

And currently reading: Rumbo a la Libertad, in English its:
Liberty For Latin America: How To Undo Five Hundred Years Of State Oppression

Julio1974 10-09-2006 08:18 PM

I'm reading "Shake Hands with the Devil". It's about the the genocide in Rwanda, written by the Canadian general who was in charge of the UN Peacekeeping operation (Dallaire).

Pfloyd 10-09-2006 09:38 PM

Im currently readin Bill Brysons "In a Sunburned Country"..

Vass 10-09-2006 10:10 PM

Nothing at the moment. :(
Wanted to start one for two weeks now though.

I read all my books in under one week, but breaks between books are ever increasing.

Scotso 10-09-2006 10:12 PM

Jennifer Government

El Legenda 10-09-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naranoc (Post 4247554)
^ You take Philosophy???

Currently chugging through Plato's 'Republic' :help:

Oh, and reading 'A Clash of Kings' by George R.R. Martin. Highly reccomended ;)

yes :D and i dont like it :lol: philosophy is so stupid :rolls:
and all the Aristotle writings are so hard to read..since most of his own writing was burned and all the stuff we have today is class notes from his students.:rolleyes: which have been pasted down and rewriten so many times..Aristotle would be not even know its his, if he read it today :p

Pfloyd 10-09-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (Post 4248564)
yes :D and i dont like it :lol: philosophy is so stupid :rolls:
and all the Aristotle writings are so hard to read..since most of his own writing was burned and all the stuff today is class notes from his students.:rolleyes:

Philosophy stupid?

Come on man...All laws all over the world are based on some ones philosophical observations. Without philosophy cultures would lose sense of Identity.

Of course, I will grant you that some sub topics in philosophy are quite pointles, like the "how do you really know?" type questions.