MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Baseball Betting Forum (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=398)
-   -   Baseball Playoffs (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87317)

bossboss 10-02-2006 03:44 AM

Baseball Playoffs
 
MLB Division series .. Best of 5

Odds

DETROIT TIGERS 3.60
NEW YORK YANKEES 1.29

OAKLAND ATHLETICS 2.35
MINNESOTA TWINS 1.59

LA DODGERS 2.27
NEW YORK METS 1.63

ST LOUIS CARDINALS 2.35
SAN DIEGO PADRES 1.59

Can anyone from our MLB gurus share some highlights on the series ..

callitasicit 10-02-2006 03:55 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
I just saw some of the lines for baseball and although I am no expert on baseball, far from it really, I will share my thoughts.

Minnesota -180 over Oakland
Santana is one of the best pitchers in all of baseball and he's pitching at home in the playoffs, he should be jacked. Zito is no slouch but Oakland should end up on the shorter end of the stick in this one.

Yankees -210 over Tigers
This is where the Yankees should start to care, when games really count. Better than that they face a pitcher in Robertson who had a rough second half and should struggle mightly in the unfriendly confines of Yankee stadium. Wang pitches for the Yanks who was their ace during the season.

I am not sure who I like in the other two games although I lean towards the Cards and Mets.

El Legenda 10-02-2006 04:04 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
I cant see the Cardinals losing to the Padres

game 1 Carpenter vs Peavy

Cardinals hitters vs Peavy (career)

119ab's-32 hits 5HR 270avg
Pujols 6 for 12 2 HR vs Peavy

Padres hitters vs Carpenter

161ab's- 38hits 5 HR 239 avg

TMJordan 10-02-2006 04:14 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Who is ready for another subway world series?

Because thats what is going to happen.

Doctor Dance 10-02-2006 06:19 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (Post 4208091)
I cant see the Cardinals losing to the Padres

game 1 Carpenter vs Peavy

Cardinals hitters vs Peavy (career)

119ab's-32 hits 5HR 270avg
Pujols 6 for 12 2 HR vs Peavy

Padres hitters vs Carpenter

161ab's- 38hits 5 HR 239 avg


There is a reason why Cards are priced at $2.35 - because they are in shit form coming into the playoffs. One thing you need is momentum and that is something they don't have. They are lucky they are in a very weak division.

Anyone else think the Twins are worth a shot for the World Series? I'm going to be on them.

TFan1156 10-02-2006 06:30 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (Post 4208091)
I cant see the Cardinals losing to the Padres

game 1 Carpenter vs Peavy

Cardinals hitters vs Peavy (career)

119ab's-32 hits 5HR 270avg
Pujols 6 for 12 2 HR vs Peavy

Padres hitters vs Carpenter

161ab's- 38hits 5 HR 239 avg


I agree, not so much as a credit to the Cards but I see the Padres choking this one away...

TFan1156 10-02-2006 06:33 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossboss (Post 4208057)
MLB Division series .. Best of 5

Odds

DETROIT TIGERS 3.60
NEW YORK YANKEES 1.29

OAKLAND ATHLETICS 2.35
MINNESOTA TWINS 1.59

LA DODGERS 2.27
NEW YORK METS 1.63

ST LOUIS CARDINALS 2.35
SAN DIEGO PADRES 1.59

Can anyone from our MLB gurus share some highlights on the series ..


Both the Cards and Dodgers are good value to me. As are a possibility.

Doctor Dance 10-02-2006 06:39 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFan1156 (Post 4208405)
I agree, not so much as a credit to the Cards but I see the Padres choking this one away...

How many times in recent history have the Cards looked like a million dollars in the reg season but shit the bed in the playoffs? Choking is something they are great at ;)

They come into these playoffs on the back of one of their worst runs in recent memory - they will do well to advance in my opinion.

But baseball is a funny sport, anything & everything seems to happen :confused:

El Legenda 10-02-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
good news for the Cardinals is game 1 and 2 are day games....Cardinals are really good in day games.
37-19 in day games this year

Freeze17171 10-02-2006 07:29 PM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (Post 4209967)
good news for the Cardinals is game 1 and 2 are day games....Cardinals are really good in day games.
37-19 in day games this year

Something else, Peavy struggles big time during the day. This year, he has a 5.65 ERA, 1.44 WHIP, and .262 BAA during the day in 12 starts (3.24 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, .231 BAA at night) and for his career his night ERA is 1.51 points higher than his career day ERA.

The Mets lack quality starting pitching and that will hurt them in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers took them out.

El Legenda 10-02-2006 07:44 PM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Carpenter Day games this year
2.40 era 5-1 230BAA

TFan1156 10-02-2006 08:18 PM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Dance (Post 4208434)
How many times in recent history have the Cards looked like a million dollars in the reg season but shit the bed in the playoffs? Choking is something they are great at ;)

They come into these playoffs on the back of one of their worst runs in recent memory - they will do well to advance in my opinion.

But baseball is a funny sport, anything & everything seems to happen :confused:

You got a point, just have a sense that the Padres will suck more in this occasion. Nothing on paper really to back it but very often what appears logical doesnt work out in this game. The best value I do believe is the Dodgers.

El Legenda 10-03-2006 03:59 AM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Dance (Post 4208434)
How many times in recent history have the Cards looked like a million dollars in the reg season but shit the bed in the playoffs? Choking is something they are great at ;)
:


yes..but they didnt look like a million dollars this year...so its only right that they go 11-0 in the playoffs ;)

El Legenda 10-05-2006 10:48 PM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
How about that Pujols :lol: 5 for 8 in 2 games :lol: 3 RBI..

Cards 3outs away from going back home to "baseball heaven" with 2-0 lead.

El Legenda 10-05-2006 11:12 PM

Re: Baseball Playoffs
 
Padres all but done. :wavey:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.