MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   The Brit Pack (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   GB draws Netherlands (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=87091)

ae wowww 09-28-2006 08:23 PM

GB draws Netherlands

Both teams got byes so we face the Dutch in April. Where will this likely to be held in GB? Presumably Braehead as the weather could be unpredictable? If it's nearer to home, I should be rolling up there.

MurrayFan1 09-29-2006 01:27 PM

Re: GB draws Netherlands

It's in the Easter holidays, so I'm glad about that. Doubt I can go though, due to lack of money. :sad:

Trivial 09-29-2006 02:00 PM

Looking forward to the match...but would hope that they choose a more central location for the tie i.e Birmingham, Nottingham etc. The previous two ties have been very north and very south as far as im concerned (outside Liverpool/Manchester). When will the venue for the event be released, any ideas?

ae wowww 09-29-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayFan1 (Post 4193142)
It's in the Easter holidays, so I'm glad about that. Doubt I can go though, due to lack of money. :sad:

Yeah it's good that it's during the hols :D

Also wanting to know the team/venue dates? Perhaps smucav can help...?

MurrayFan1 09-29-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivial (Post 4193367)
Looking forward to the match...but would hope that they choose a more central location for the tie i.e Birmingham, Nottingham etc. The previous two ties have been very north and very south as far as im concerned (outside Liverpool/Manchester). When will the venue for the event be released, any ideas?

SOUTH! SOUTH! SOUTH!

I'm hoping for Eastbourne or Wimbledon.

smucav 09-29-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae wowww (Post 4193452)
Also wanting to know the team/venue dates? Perhaps smucav can help...?

2007 Dates:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...2&postcount=28

Duncan 09-29-2006 10:13 PM

Team

Greg and Andy in singles

Andy and his brother in the doubles.

We should win

Count Zero 09-30-2006 10:13 AM

i think it will be an indoor tie, april outside is too risky, maybe birmingham, when was it last held there? i dont think it will go back to scotland again as they had it last april and they have this aberdeen cup thingy as well.

Jim Jones 09-30-2006 02:22 PM

Maybe Verkerk will play. ;)

Trivial 09-30-2006 09:01 PM

Quote from yesterday's 'The Daily Express':

"The date and venue of the tie are yet to be announced but LTA Chief Executive Roger Draper said: "It is up to the captain and the players but personally i would like to take the tie to Birmingham, Manchester or Glasgow. We want to take the tennis and the Davis Cup out around the country." "

Would love the tie to be held in Manchester...

MurrayFan1 09-30-2006 09:54 PM

Haha, i wouldn't.

Trivial 10-01-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayFan1 (Post 4201881)
Haha, i wouldn't.

Didnt think that you would :rolleyes: ;) North West is the Best :)

ae wowww 10-02-2006 04:40 PM

I'd also like Manchester :) Jamie & Andy in the doubles is looking more likely, since they just made the final of the ATP event in Bangkok and Jamie is now inside the ATP top 100 doubles rankings.

Still not too sure about the date that a team and/or a venue is named - anyone...?

Trivial 10-02-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae wowww (Post 4210095)
Still not too sure about the date that a team and/or a venue is named - anyone...?

Nothing has been released just yet. Have been checking the LTA website so hopefully they'll put something up soon. But if anyone else has managed to find anything...

Horatio Caine 11-04-2006 03:03 PM

They really should revert back to Birmingham...convenient for most to get to, and the ties were electric there...incredible atmosphere which impressed even the away nations.

The tie in Scotland was the worst home tie in over 5 years imo...attendance wasn't great, location was shit, and wasn't impressed with the team either...I strongly oppose it going back to Scotland so soon...maybe a couple of ties down the line.