MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions & Questions (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MTF Admins/Moderators? (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=86028)

Doctor Dance 09-13-2006 01:32 AM

MTF Admins/Moderators?

How are they chosen and is this a volunteer job?

I don't see anyone actually moderating around here :shrug: :confused:

Maybe we don't have the right people for the job? I don't think I have seen Neely, Jazz Girl or bad gambler around for a while :o

Deboogle!. 09-13-2006 01:43 AM

Re: MTF Admins/Moderators?

Bad Gambler has been on vacation for about 2 days, but he has done ALL KINDS of stuff. Neely also does quite a lot, but more quietly, I think. I've heard that Jazz_girl has been really busy lately. I know that bad gambler wants more mods to be picked soon, they are doing some forum updates and upgrades and whatnot around now, so yeah. I believe that they are chosen by the current mods/admins.

tangerine_dream 09-13-2006 01:59 AM

I don't want to be a mod. :sad: That would require me to be an unbiased, neutral observer who has people skills and can hold their tongue, and I can't do it. I just can't do it. :crying2:

Doctor Dance 09-13-2006 02:03 AM

Ya I realise they have lives outside MTF, just was frustrated, didn't mean to attack anyone :)

Doctor Dance 09-13-2006 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
I don't want to be a mod. :sad: That would require me to be an unbiased, netural observer who has people skills and can hold their tongue, and I can't do it. I just can't do it. :crying2:

I think we need some stricter moderators, current ones are maybe too nice and therefore too soft and lenient :lol:

Deboogle!. 09-13-2006 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Dance
Ya I realise they have lives outside MTF, just was frustrated, didn't mean to attack anyone :)

oh I know, I was just explaining :)

As for strictness, I know that Prabu (bad gambler) tried to do a lot of things and was strict with stuff in GM - the strictest MTF has ever had. But there are always gonna people that don't want anyone strict, so someone will always be displeased :lol:

El Legenda 09-13-2006 02:32 AM

GM is out of control now with all the Roger threads and other BS

Doctor Dance 09-13-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld

I just see it now, so many as well :o

16681 09-13-2006 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Seinfeld

MTF has just really gone downhill lately. When I joined in Sept. 2005 it was a great place. In fact, I thought it was so great I became an upgraded member in Feb. of this year.
And now I don't know what has happened, but no one seems to be in charge any more :shrug:

Lee 09-13-2006 08:13 PM

I vaguely recalled someone mentioned the site is going over ownership changes so that may explain the lack of administrators here.

16681 09-13-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee
I vaguely recalled someone mentioned the site is going over ownership changes so that may explain the lack of administrators here.

Lee great information :D I hadn't heard anything about that myself, but it could explain a lot of things that are going on. Or maybe I should say it could explain a lot of things that aren't going on :rolleyes:

Lee 09-13-2006 10:12 PM

Mae, that information may not be 100% correct though.

16681 09-13-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee
Mae, that information may not be 100% correct though.

Oh I know. You said it was just something mentioned. But something is going on here or again maybe I should say something isn't going on here. I don't know :shrug: But MTF just hasn't been the same lately :sad:

Scotso 09-14-2006 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mae
MTF has just really gone downhill lately. When I joined in Sept. 2005 it was a great place. In fact, I thought it was so great I became an upgraded member in Feb. of this year.
And now I don't know what has happened, but no one seems to be in charge any more :shrug:

You should have been here when it first started in 2002. It was a paradise back then.

16681 09-14-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatejBockoFan
You should have been here when it first started in 2002. It was a paradise back then.

I'm glad you posted that Scott so I know it's the truth. But even so with the way things are now around here it is kind of hard to believe :sad: