MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Andy Roddick Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Robby Ginepri (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8574)

Fumus 02-10-2004 07:46 PM

Robby Ginepri

The best American behind Andy and Andre?

Deboogle!. 02-10-2004 07:53 PM

Re: Robby Ginepri

not in my opinion....

I think Fish has a much more all-around game and he's beaten some really top guys. Plus he's just a lot more enjoyable to watch than Mr. No Personality

tangerine_dream 02-10-2004 08:03 PM

I agree. I would put Mardy Fish ahead of Robby.

star 02-10-2004 08:04 PM

blech....

Deboogle!. 02-10-2004 08:06 PM

star tell us how you really feel? :)

I really hope Mardy does well in San Jose this week, he's had a couple really bad losses to start the season :(

MisterQ 02-10-2004 08:09 PM

But maybe at this precise moment in time, yes, Robby has been producing the best performances.

In general, I think Fish, Blake, Ginepri and Dent are ALL capable of much more than they have produced thus far. Any one of them could take off and outperform the others. The problems are largely between the ears...

Deboogle!. 02-10-2004 08:35 PM

yep for all of them it is... especially James and Taylor but the other two as well.

J. Corwin 02-10-2004 09:11 PM

Robby Ginepri...

...has a very similar service and groundstroke motion like Andy's.

I think he's alright, but he hasn't produced as big of scalps as Mardy, James, and Taylor have all had.

Deboogle!. 02-10-2004 09:13 PM

lol Jace.... I forget where but someone said it was as if he's copying Andy but not really succeeding. His groundies aren't nearly as good though, not yet anyway and well the serve, that's just self-evident ;). but he's quick like a bunny, much faster than Andy (then again he's smaller)

J. Corwin 02-10-2004 09:30 PM

lol well I doubt he's copying Andy. I used to think that Robby has a stronger backhand, but now that Andy has improved on that wing, I'd say they're about equal.

Robby still has a better service return though. ;)

Deboogle!. 02-10-2004 10:14 PM

yes for sure. Robby returns great. I forget what I was reading but someone called him Baby Courier... dunno bout that quite yet, but yeah...

Havok 02-10-2004 10:52 PM

nope. imo Fish and Blake(if he shows up WITH a head on his shoulders :tape: ) are better than Ginepri. he doesn't show any emotions, i mean im not asking him to become another Hewitt belting come on's all the time, but after some pretty key wins his face is the same as it was at the start of the match, which is the same as it is wherever he goes. imo that doesn't say much and that's why i put Fish and Blake higher than him, because they show that they want it more than he does. he's still a good player, but should be ranked 20-30, no more no less

WyveN 02-11-2004 12:17 PM

when a player lacks emotions they suck? strange

didnt seem to bother pete sampras or Agassi or Federer

they are just the 3 obvious examples.......100s more

star 02-11-2004 12:20 PM

Yeah, but it bothered ME!

:)

WyveN 02-11-2004 12:22 PM

it bothers me watching Hewitt & Roddick most of the time but I don't think they care :(