MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Jose "Chuchooooooooo" Acasuso Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=487)
-   -   Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=85343)

Action Jackson 09-05-2006 10:43 AM

Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup, you aren't the scapegoat for the loss

He has played a role in the success of the Argentine team in making the semi finals of the Davis Cup.

He played very well against the Swedes in his debut and then teamed up with Nalbandian to win the important doubles against the Croats to make the semis.

Chucho is in a provisional squad with Nalbandian, Calleri, Chela and Gaudio. Though I think Mancini will stick to the same team that got the right result in Croatia barring injury. Chucho is useful in that he can play doubles and singles.

Choupi 09-05-2006 10:58 AM

Re: Chuuuuuuuuuuucho in Davis Cup

Vamos Argentina

lau 09-06-2006 12:10 AM

Chucho :bounce:

Aleka 09-06-2006 02:35 AM

I hope I'll be able to see this tie on an internet station!!! VAMOS CHUHCO!!!!!!!! VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap:

sophia_c 09-07-2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lau
Chucho :bounce:

Do you have a ticket???...my friend tried to get some but they sold out in like 2 hours!!!!

michelleg 09-07-2006 03:11 PM

Heads up for any of you in Argentina that are able to get Carlos Alberto's show....he was over at Chucho's yesterday afternoon filming for the telly show :-) He was also on Carlos' radio program Tuesday evening (but since most of Posadas internet was down Tuesday evening, I couldnt catch it on the web....anyone out there hear it?)

Anyway, Chucho is at home with his family now, in good spirits and looking forward to Davis Cup.

lau 09-07-2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophia_c
Do you have a ticket???...my friend tried to get some but they sold out in like 2 hours!!!!

26 hours exactly :fiery: And no, I donīt have tickets because those days I was working like 15 hours a day and never knew they started selling them :ras: I knew it would be difficult having tickets for this tie, so I was prepared to be the first one in the line to buy my tickets for the 3 days..... Imagine my mood the next 2 or 3 days after they were sold out :shout: And it`s the perfect moment in the year, with no exams... Whatever... everytime I start thinking about it I want to

Choupi 09-08-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleg
Heads up for any of you in Argentina that are able to get Carlos Alberto's show....he was over at Chucho's yesterday afternoon filming for the telly show :-) He was also on Carlos' radio program Tuesday evening (but since most of Posadas internet was down Tuesday evening, I couldnt catch it on the web....anyone out there hear it?)

Anyway, Chucho is at home with his family now, in good spirits and looking forward to Davis Cup.

Thanks for those updates Michelle. :)

sophia_c 09-08-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lau
26 hours exactly :fiery: And no, I donīt have tickets because those days I was working like 15 hours a day and never knew they started selling them :ras: I knew it would be difficult having tickets for this tie, so I was prepared to be the first one in the line to buy my tickets for the 3 days..... Imagine my mood the next 2 or 3 days after they were sold out :shout: And it`s the perfect moment in the year, with no exams... Whatever... everytime I start thinking about it I want to

I know..I had plans to go...my friend would get the tickets and all would be well...but no...they just better win!!! :D

Action Jackson 09-09-2006 09:57 AM

Good that he is at home resting up, but he will get into training soon enough and he will have a role to play in this tie, he might play singles as he needs some more experience and this environment is favourable to him, so that will help.

Hendu 09-14-2006 03:24 PM

I think Chucho will play the singles. And if he does, Calleri will play the doubles.
Nalbandian is the only one who plays the three matches.
If Calleri plays the 1 singles rubber, then Chucho will play the doubles.

At least thats what Mancini has done until this tie.

Chela will be the #1 spectator.

Choupi 09-14-2006 04:59 PM

How I envy those who will get coverage. :awww:

Hendu 09-14-2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choupi
How I envy those who will get coverage. :awww:

How I envy those who have tickets. :awww:

bad gambler 09-16-2006 07:41 AM

Hopefully he plays the singles, but unfortunately for obvious reasons I have to make an exception and can not support him during the weekend :p

Would be great to see him play Hewitt though :)

Action Jackson 09-16-2006 08:49 AM

Luli has a lot of options and that is always good, though I am not sure whether Chucho or Calleri would be a better to play against Hewitt. It will come down to who is ready to go and playing better in training.