MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Marat Safin Message Board (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   (Ranking Watch) Bouncing around (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=84139)

atheneglaukopis 08-21-2006 05:29 AM

(Ranking Watch) Bouncing around

I couldn't find a ranking watch thread in the last few pages (guess even we're not that masochistic), so I decided to start a ranking "peek and look away, check back later" thread.

As of Monday, August 21, Marat is ranked 104 (probably his temperature in degrees Fahrenheit when playing Whitehouse :sad: ). He has no points to defend until late February, and so from here on out it should--should--only get better. In theory, we should have only good news to report here for the foreseeable future.

Next stop, top 100!

BelgianWaffle 08-21-2006 07:36 AM

Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Thread

It's almost weird that he's still 104 with no points to defend for the next 5 months. I mean, it's not like he has done much this year. :o
(yes, that was optimism)

The only way is UP, Marat!! :banana:

{Annie} 08-21-2006 07:57 AM

Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Thread

Nothing to lose babaaaaaaaaaay :woohoo: Back we go into top 100 :banana:

Aleka 08-21-2006 11:53 AM

ok....reading the first post really depressed me...but then I realised you guys are right: HE HAS NOTHING TO LOSE FROM NOW ON!!!!! So, come on baby!!!! Give'em hell!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Deea 08-21-2006 12:46 PM

Hey.....Top 100, Top 50, Top 10! Baby steps! :p :yeah: Let's go Marat!

Hey, where would Marat get if he won the US Open? :haha: :haha: Whaaaaaat? I'm vice-president of the IOM, remember???? :p :p :p

*goes to check about the points Marat would win* :cuckoo:

Deea 08-21-2006 12:59 PM

:crazy: :haha: :haha: I checked! :haha: And if he wins the US Open, he'd get 1000 points, adding to the 400 he already has, he'd have a total of 1400. That means Top 20, about place number 18! :rolls:

carroll 08-21-2006 01:14 PM

OMG it would be so great... You know it's cruel to make me hope like that ! ;)

BelgianWaffle 08-21-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deea
:crazy: :haha: :haha: I checked! :haha: And if he wins the US Open, he'd get 1000 points, adding to the 400 he already has, he'd have a total of 1400. That means Top 20, about place number 18! :rolls:

rotflmao! :lol:

AnnieNik 08-21-2006 02:11 PM

Quote:

we are high today :yeah: :devil:

mer 08-21-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

never thought arithmetic could be such a fascinating thing :o

atheneglaukopis 08-21-2006 02:50 PM

Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Th

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle
It's almost weird that he's still 104 with no points to defend for the next 5 months. I mean, it's not like he has done much this year. :o
(yes, that was optimism)

The only way is UP, Marat!! :banana:

I know! His race position is 64. :drive:

{Annie} 08-21-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

I am totally safe now... it puts my mind at rest to know that there is a person to take over my crown of the IOM when I retire :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

AnnieNik 08-21-2006 05:49 PM

Re: The Baby Steps, Top 10 Watch Out! Ranking Peek and Look Away, Check Back Later Th

Quote:

Originally Posted by {Annie}
I am totally safe now... it puts my mind at rest to know that there is a person to take over my crown of the IOM when I retire :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

you think that there is a way out? :devil:

Aleka 08-21-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

honey!!!! I told you to lay off the sangria!!!!! :rolls: or better yet, hand it over :drink: aaaaaaa yes....I see your point....mmmm....Marat can easily do this!!!! I have total faith in him!!!! He has the power to do it!!!! IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!!!!! :bounce: :woohoo: :woohoo:
After USO is over, I will have a tiny confetion to make :D...I don't wanna jinx it by saying it now...

atheneglaukopis 08-21-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieNik
you think that there is a way out? :devil:

You took the words right out of my mouth. :lol: