MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   Gamblers Lounge (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=392)
-   -   Jolie (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=83802)

jole 08-17-2006 02:46 AM

Jolie
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I'm new to this, but I know a little something about professional tennis.

I have no system, and I'm not gonna post in this daily or give a statistical breakdown of everything I do.

I'm gonna attach an image of what I've done in 5 days. Laugh at the stakes if you wish, but I want to start slow. Stakes can be upped, but whether or not you can consistently know who will win is something you either have or don't.

jole 08-17-2006 02:55 AM

Re: Jolie
 
I'm on Ben Becker over Lamine Ouahab for 1.585 tomorrow in the Bronx.

Ben is a stud who can play on just about everything, including fast-like courts. He is also rested as he had today off. He got a taste of success at Wimbledon by nearly knocking off Verdasco in the second round (Verdasco won 9-7) and he is hungry to move beyond the challengers and play with the big boys on the ATP tour.

Lamine can play, but he is much better on clay. He recently lost to Dick Norman in 3 tiebreaks on the Spanish hard courts, and we all know how much sucking Dick can do sometimes. Lamine beat the Indian Harsh Mankad 6-4 in the third in the first round and should be fresh, but almost losing to Harsh isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

jole 08-17-2006 03:01 AM

Re: Jolie
 
PS - Becker destroyed Stoppini 6-1 6-1 in the first round, and Stoppini actually has shown he is a somewhat capable random Italian challenger journeyman lately! Bottom line Benjamin is solid.

bad gambler 08-17-2006 04:28 AM

Re: Jolie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jole
Hi,

I'm new to this, but I know a little something about professional tennis.

I have no system, and I'm not gonna post in this daily or give a statistical breakdown of everything I do.

I'm gonna attach an image of what I've done in 5 days. Laugh at the stakes if you wish, but I want to start slow. Stakes can be upped, but whether or not you can consistently know who will win is something you either have or don't.


Good man, this is the only way anyone should start off with regardless of your bank size :yeah:

Just curious - have you set yourself any targets? Like $x for a day/week/month? Might be a thought so you can manage your bank (and selections) accordingly

Also feel free to contribute in our daily threads in the tennis forum. In fact I insist you do so.

jole 08-17-2006 04:44 AM

Re: Jolie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bad gambler
Good man, this is the only way anyone should start off with regardless of your bank size :yeah:

Just curious - have you set yourself any targets? Like $x for a day/week/month? Might be a thought so you can manage your bank (and selections) accordingly

Also feel free to contribute in our daily threads in the tennis forum. In fact I insist you do so.

No goals in particular because I don't want to feel locked into anything. I just want to continue to regularly capitalize on those with good value. The bottom line however is that some days it's better to take a pass than play Russian roulette with a bunch of crap shoots. Not that you don't know this. :)

Cincinnati tomorrow looks pretty barren to me, possibly Ferrer, slight chance of Ferrero.

adso 08-17-2006 07:39 AM

Re: Jolie
 
Which bookie are you using? Betfair doesn´t cover Challenger events and I need a second one to play these tourneys.

Thanks and Good luck!!!

jole 08-17-2006 12:22 PM

Re: Jolie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adso
Which bookie are you using? Betfair doesn´t cover Challenger events and I need a second one to play these tourneys.

Thanks and Good luck!!!

5Dimes.

Action Jackson 08-17-2006 12:23 PM

Re: Jolie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jole
5Dimes.

Good luck with the bets big man.

jole 08-17-2006 12:41 PM

Re: Jolie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Good luck with the bets big man.

Thanks dude, appreciate it. :)

jole 08-17-2006 07:28 PM

Re: Jolie
 
I'm also on Ferrer over Baghdatis @ 2.1.

I feel the odds are of great value considering the probability of Ferrer taking this match. Ferrer is probably the second fittest guy on the tour which is nothing no one with a clue doesn't already know, but it's pretty important playing someone like Baghdatis who pretty much exclusively is a baseliner.

While Ferrer almost going out against Almagro isn't the best, David will be feeling confident after saving 6 mps and bageling the opponent in the third.

jole 08-18-2006 02:00 AM

Re: Jolie
 
Ben won like 0 and 1, and David won too.

Thank god something worked out today, because I just got done playing the worst match I've played all summer. :help:

jole 08-18-2006 03:56 AM

Re: Jolie
 
Muller over Udomchoke @ 1.69 in the Bronx.

Gilles has a nasty lefty serve and he has been serving big this summer. As long he can keep the double faults down he typically will at the very least make it to a tiebreak in each set. Danai is very breakable as well.

Danai has given a few good players a run for their money this year, including giving Tursunov 3 very difficult matches. He destroyed Luczak in the last round, but Luczak is weird.

Possibly Robredo over Ljubicic tomorrow, I don't know.

sports freak 08-18-2006 09:23 AM

Re: Jolie
 
Hey buddy,good luck with your goal champ!!!

jole 08-18-2006 12:54 PM

Re: Jolie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sports freak
Hey buddy,good luck with your goal champ!!!

Heya SF. :)

tt boy 08-18-2006 08:07 PM

Re: Jolie
 
Hope Muller has some fight in him..Comes out and drops the 1st set :eek:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.