MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   General Player Talk (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596)
-   -   Which Pro Player does your style most resemble (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=81099)

rexman 07-11-2006 10:31 PM

Which Pro Player does your style most resemble

Obviously, none of us are pros, but whose game are you most like?

I'd say probably Davydenko. Groundstrokes are steady and have good pace on them, I move around the court really well, serve is probably the worst part of my game, vollies are okay. I play pretty "smart" tennis, and a lot of people dont realize I'm very good until they play me (even then they usually don't see it and just think they played poorly) I also have his lovely mental game too.

adee-gee 07-12-2006 11:35 AM

Re: Which Pro Player does your style most resemble

Hmmm, tough one.

I'd go for Gasquet for me. Inconsistent first serve, but when it's on fire it's a major weapon. Single handed backhand, and strong forehand, with also a little bit of class to come to the net every so often :p

I'd like to think I have a bigger heart than him though ;)

ae wowww 07-12-2006 11:37 AM

I steal lots of little bits from players, so I'm an ATP Mutt really :D

My forehand is Gonzalez-esque since having changed it some, but before, my game looked like Kafelnikov's :D

Grinder 07-12-2006 05:14 PM

I'd say Kristof Vliegen + Mario Ancic. I have a long drawn out serve and the motion looks just like Vliegen's, my backhand also looks just like that, like Ancic I have a big serve and love to come forward to the net. I also I have a pretty loopy western forehand which is my biggest weapon off the ground, but all in all my game revolves around my big serve. :p

stebs 07-12-2006 08:04 PM

Gaudio

RFitzpatrick 07-12-2006 10:22 PM

Nadal, good forehand with much spin and depth. Good counter-backhand, can hit with my own pace as well. Serve is weaker. Volleys are good.

ae wowww 07-13-2006 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexman
Obviously, none of us are pros, but whose game are you most like?

Why is that obvious? :confused:

Labamba 07-13-2006 09:08 AM

Nieminen (but not a lefty)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexman
Groundstrokes are steady and have good pace on them, I move around the court really well, serve is probably the worst part of my game, vollies are okay. I play pretty "smart" tennis, and a lot of people dont realize I'm very good until they play me (even then they usually don't see it and just think they played poorly) I also have his lovely mental game too.

My game seems quite similar to rexman's, backhand is slightly better than forehand and serve can be a dangerous weapon when it's on (1st serve % is sometimes quite low, but I get a fair amount of aces in most of my matches).

revolution 07-13-2006 01:37 PM

Melzer.

LaTenista 07-14-2006 03:31 AM

Nadal or Verdasco I guess - I'm a lefty and usually I play with lots of spin of both sides. My forehand and serve are both inconsistent but when they are on they really do damage. My 2 handed Backhand is my strongest stroke. Volleys and overheads are decent.

VamosFleur 07-15-2006 09:38 PM

I'm probably most like Andy Roddick. I can't exactly walk the walk, I suppose. I have a big serve and a good forehand, but let's just say my first round matches are pretty one-sided... for my opponent. :)

Pigpen Stinks 07-18-2006 04:17 PM

My forehand is a slight improvement on Federer's, backhand like Edberg, serve like Karlovic, get around the court like Chang, volley like Rafter, mental strength of Borg, and built like Becker. Oops, was dreaming there for a second.

I used to play competitively when I was younger. Went through phases, and certainly tried to imitate certain players on certain shots. Overall, I'd say I was probably most like Mecir. No significant weapons, but a pretty solid all around game, and kind of cagey.

Now, my game probably resembles what I would imagine Oprah Winfrey's game is like. Or possibly Xristos'.

zicofirol 07-18-2006 06:41 PM

I dont know about my game but my movement is Labazdeesq, it is really bad, and its not that im just not fast because I am and in other sports like basketball I moved well in traffic but in tennis I just get to lazy with the footwork.

NyGeL 07-18-2006 09:03 PM

hm... I'm a mix of them.

Nalbandian's serve, forehand, top spin and moving around.
Chela's backhand.
Henman's slice :D

Dusteel 07-26-2006 06:44 AM

A better style of play is Ivan Ljubicic, cause his strokes are damn harder that it looks, and his volley is the best...