MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com/index.php)
-   MensTennisForums.com Fan Blogs (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Join our blogging team! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=79764)

wtn_amanda 06-26-2006 12:32 PM

Join our blogging team!

MensTennisForums.com is on the look out for passionate, energetic and opinionated tennis fans who can help bring our network of tennis blogs to life. Interested?

* Do you follow tennis regularly?
* Do you have opinions about the latest news and results on the pro circuit?
* Can you write?

You are not expected to produce short novels every time you post on your site. But if you can post a few lines or paragraphs whenever you have access to new information, gossip, results you’ll be on the way to producing a compelling online journal that likeminded fans will love to read.

Here’s what we offer:
* Your own account on our blog system: where you can publish the latest news, results and information about your favorite pro athlete(s) on the professional tour.
* The best tools: the only news publishing system built by tennis fans, for tennis fans.
* Team work: multiple users can work on the same blog; work as a team to produce the most compelling internet resource about your favorite tennis professional.
* Publicity: your blog entries will be featured on leading sports, news and entertainment related websites across the Internet.
* Rewards: earn vCash for your contributions; transferable to your MensTennisForums.com account for special perks and priviledges.

If you are interested in joining our team of bloggers, please send an email to blogs@tennisuniverse.com with the following information:

Name of the player(s) you wish to blog about;
Your name;
Your age;
Your forum username;
A sample blog entry.

Over 100 bloggers are already sharing their passion and publishing their opinions on the TennisUniverse.com network. Why not join them today?

Thanks for your interest!

cobalt60 06-26-2006 07:09 PM

Re: Join our blogging team!

Ha I bet I can figure out already who will be applying :D Fortunately not me;)
I think this is a bit much MTF rulers but whatever. :p

wtn_amanda 06-26-2006 08:26 PM

You can join an existing team and site and help contribute. The sites in place were just setup as a starting base for our new ATP section and all need bloggers to get things moving properly.

We only have a few bloggers on the ATP site at the moment. We have hundreds helping on the WTA fan blogs and we need to catch up. :lol:

It's really about pooling the information together we already have on the forums, so it's more easily accessible to people who have less time to browse the sub forums and threads. This has already been a huge success on the WTA site, so we're going to try to catch up and prove MTF can compete with them. :p

It's very similar to posting on the message forums:
You can use all the same emoticons/smilies in your blog posts as you use here;
You can include photos you upload to our photo galleries, or the other popular image sharing sites you use;
You earn $250 vCash for every post instead of $3 for posting on MTF alone (we will be making vCash more valuable in the future with new rewards both on the forums, and things you can claim off it).
You can also attach YouTube videos to your blogs (also known as vBlogging)

Instead of your useful posts getting lost in pages of flame wars, it stays prominently featured on a dedicated fan site.

We think it's a fun project for those who enjoy the concept of web publishing, love being part of this community and want to work together to help build an even bigger universe of tennis information. But we also understand this is not for everyone ;)

cobalt60 06-26-2006 09:05 PM

Will these blogs be monitored or not?

wtn_amanda 06-26-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt60
Will these blogs be monitored or not?

They are monitored in terms of our editorial team compiling the best content that appears on our homepage every day. But so far in the months we've been doing this on the WTA site, we've not deleted a single post from any blog site, even controversial entries that created a bit of a stir. :)

Can posts be deleted? Yes in extreme circumstances such as breaking the law, infringing copyright and when served a takedown notice. But that same thing applies to every hosted service on the internet, be it a blog, website or otherwise. It's the legal responsibility we have to abide by as a service provider. But we will not remove content that we disagree with in editorial terms. You are free to express yourself as you like, as long as it's in a lawful manner. :p

El Legenda 06-26-2006 11:04 PM

hey amanda, not sure if you guys fixed this or not, but when i tryed to trasnfer vCash from there to here, i used my forum ID# (mine is 8296) and nothing transferd, when i clicked on link to see my profile, it took me to WTAworld. so who ever has the same Forum ID# over there got all my vCash :sad:

EDIT. nm, looks like its fixed :yeah: :)

Action Jackson 06-27-2006 11:28 AM

Thanks for answering that question about whether certain posts will be deleted for not, makes things clearer.

Carlita 06-27-2006 02:24 PM

:wavey: sorry to rain on your parade here....but can't we keep the blogs in this bit of MTF?

I"m sorry but I opened MTF after my break, went to the player's forums and was :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT 's this!?! I think it looks confusing and messy......like I'm seeing double.... just my opinion of course...... :o

i would really love the old MTF Player Forums back.... :awww: (or can they be put inside the original forums so you only see them when you open a player forum?)

wtn_amanda 06-27-2006 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~
:wavey: sorry to rain on your parade here....but can't we keep the blogs in this bit of MTF?

I"m sorry but I opened MTF after my break, went to the player's forums and was :eek: :eek: :eek: WHAT 's this!?! I think it looks confusing and messy......like I'm seeing double.... just my opinion of course...... :o

i would really love the old MTF Player Forums back.... :awww: (or can they be put inside the original forums so you only see them when you open a player forum?)

After much testing and consultation on WTAworld.com we concluded this was the best way to do it. We tried mixing the blog entries with each player forum but the general feedback we received is people preferred a separate forum for the threads to break things up. Unfortunately, at this time all blog posts have to be entered as new threads and it clogs forums if we place the entries there with the discussion threads. If that situation changes in future, we will revist the idea of creating a single thread in each forum where all blog entries are made - which is our preference.

Our experience tells there's always plenty of people who take unkindly to any changes we make on the site in the immediate term. :lol: But this is something we've tested for a number of weeks now on the other site and we feel is the best way forward.

Carlita 06-27-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtn_amanda
After much testing and consultation on WTAworld.com we concluded this was the best way to do it. We tried mixing the blog entries with each player forum but the general feedback we received is people preferred a separate forum for the threads to break things up. Unfortunately, at this time all blog posts have to be entered as new threads and it clogs forums if we place the entries there with the discussion threads. If that situation changes in future, we will revist the idea of creating a single thread in each forum where all blog entries are made - which is our preference.

Our experience tells there's always plenty of people who take unkindly to any changes we make on the site in the immediate term. :lol: But this is something we've tested for a number of weeks now on the other site and we feel is the best way forward.

Maybe so.... but what's wrong with keeping them all here?

Over in Spanish Armada Land people are going :confused: what's this?!

If you put them with the player forums, you are duplicating in a way...because it's nothing new..... Like Nando falls to Monaco.... we knew that :lol: and when he wins or loses today... we will already know too because we have a cheering thread / news thread, which, imo, work a lot better.

Sorry I'm all for progress, but this really looks confusing! I've been in the wrong part of the threads a few times already!! :lol:

Can't you ask people around here if they like it like this? And if most say they like it, fine.... :shrug:

afterall, we are not WTA World ;)

hmmm oh well, nevermind me.... i'll just do my best to pretend they are not there....

Jenrios 06-27-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~
Maybe so.... but what's wrong with keeping them all here?

Over in Spanish Armada Land people are going :confused: what's this?!

If you put them with the player forums, you are duplicating in a way...because it's nothing new..... Like Nando falls to Monaco.... we knew that :lol: and when he wins or loses today... we will already know too because we have a cheering thread / news thread, which, imo, work a lot better.

Sorry I'm all for progress, but this really looks confusing! I've been in the wrong part of the threads a few times already!! :lol:

Can't you ask people around here if they like it like this? And if most say they like it, fine.... :shrug:

afterall, we are not WTA World ;)

hmmm oh well, nevermind me.... i'll just do my best to pretend they are not there....

Got to agree with Carlita - the blog in Verdasco's forum is, IMO, just a news report that's a month out of date. Can't see what it adds to the forum at all.

NicoFan 06-27-2006 11:12 PM

I don't understand it - :lol:

We already do these things on our own player forums. :confused:

And where did Tangy see who already took a player?

savesthedizzle 06-28-2006 04:54 AM

I agree with Carlita too. I mean in the Djokovic forum the blog headline is something about Djokovic beating Goldstein. And since we were posting scores all throughout his match, I have no desire to even read the blog. It just seems repetitive and a little pointless. :shrug:

good_gambler 06-28-2006 08:31 AM

wtn_amanda is it true that if you are an aspiring sports journalist this can help out in a way? and if so, how? :confused:

adee-gee 06-28-2006 08:38 AM

Can I do a Mathieu Montcourt blog? :D